Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JGPF Predictions

Custom Title

JGPF Predictions

The JGP Final starts this coming Friday.

ENTRIES:

MEN
    Brandon MROZ USA
    Adam RIPPON USA
    Jinlin GUAN CHN
    Austin KANALLAKAN USA
    Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA
    Ivan BARIEV RUS
    Artur GACHINSKI RUS
    Douglas RAZZANO USA (replacing Artem BORODULIN, who broke a leg)

LADIES
    Mirai NAGASU USA
    Yuki NISHINO JPN
    Chrissy HUGHES USA
    Rachael FLATT USA
    Jenni VAHAMAA FIN
    Svetlana ISSAKOVA EST
    Alexe GILLES USA
    Kristine MUSADEMBA USA

PAIRS
    BAZAROVA / LARIONOV RUS
    SHEREMETIEVA / KUZNETSOV RUS
    KRASILNIKOVA / BEZMATERNIKH RUS
    PAETSCH / NUSS USA
    ZHANG / WANG CHN
    VELENOSI / FERNANDEZ CAN
    KHODKOVA / SLIUSARENKO RUS
    BUTLER / JACOBSEN USA
    KLIMCZAK / KARWETA POL (host entry)

ICE DANCE
    CRONE / POIRIER CAN
    SAMUELSON / BATES USA
    MONKO / TKACHENKO RUS
    GORSHKOVA / BUTIKOV RUS
    CHOCK / ZUERLEIN USA
    PAJARDI / CARUSO ITA
    RIAZANOVA / GUERREIRO RUS
    AGAFONOVA / DUN UKR (replacing LENKO/ISLAM who withdrew because of her asthma flareup)

Banned
    It is much harder to predict junior events then senior. For all the inconsistency of the seniors, the juniors are much more inconsistent. All I will say is that Nagasu will win and I think (and hope) Flatt will also medal. I will have to think about the rest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The JGP Final starts this coming Friday.

ENTRIES:

MEN
    Brandon MROZ USA
    Adam RIPPON USA
    Jinlin GUAN CHN
    Austin KANALLAKAN USA
    Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA
    Ivan BARIEV RUS
    Artur GACHINSKI RUS
    Douglas RAZZANO USA (replacing Artem BORODULIN, who broke a leg)

LADIES
    Mirai NAGASU USA
    Yuki NISHINO JPN
    Chrissy HUGHES USA
    Rachael FLATT USA
    Jenni VAHAMAA FIN
    Svetlana ISSAKOVA EST
    Alexe GILLES USA
    Kristine MUSADEMBA USA

PAIRS
    BAZAROVA / LARIONOV RUS
    SHEREMETIEVA / KUZNETSOV RUS
    KRASILNIKOVA / BEZMATERNIKH RUS
    PAETSCH / NUSS USA
    ZHANG / WANG CHN
    VELENOSI / FERNANDEZ CAN
    KHODKOVA / SLIUSARENKO RUS
    BUTLER / JACOBSEN USA
    KLIMCZAK / KARWETA POL (host entry)

ICE DANCE
    CRONE / POIRIER CAN
    SAMUELSON / BATES USA
    MONKO / TKACHENKO RUS
    GORSHKOVA / BUTIKOV RUS
    CHOCK / ZUERLEIN USA
    PAJARDI / CARUSO ITA
    RIAZANOVA / GUERREIRO RUS
    AGAFONOVA / DUN UKR (replacing LENKO/ISLAM who withdrew because of her asthma flareup)
    firts of all...host entry? can they do that?

Its a shame about Artem. It must be hard to stay home from an event that you qualified for with an injury like that.

I hope Lenko gets better soon. This is the second major Jr. international event that they've had to pull out form this year because of her health. Unfortunately, they've missed out on their first Jr worlds and their first JGP final. I hope they're in top shape by the time nationals roll along.

Predictions:

Men - I predict that Mroz and Rippon make the podium. Wow, the US has 5 entries!

Ladies - I put Mirai on top. Other thank that, I have no clue. 5 US entries here as well!

Pairs - We could see an all Russian podium here, since there are 4 Russian entries, with Velenosi/Fernandez & Paetch/Nuss as possible spoilers.

Dance - Crone/Poirer and Monko/Takchenko will battle it out for gold, and it will be a tight race. Correct me if i'm wrong, but did C/P beat M/T in Croatia? If so, I give the Canadians the edge, based on their strong FD. I put Samuelson/Bates in bronze medal position.

Should be an interesting competition.

Rinkside
    for ladies, i wouldn't count out yushi nishino - she seems to be quite strong... a new mao coming ?

Custom Title
    It indeed is a shame about Borodulin. He's inconsistent, but he had the highest score in the JGP this season and I think a very good shot at medaling if he was clean.

Ladies:
    1. Nagasu
    2. Flatt
    3. Vähämaa
    4. Nishino
    5. Issakova
    6. Hughes
    7. Gilles
    8. Musademba

Men:
    1. Rippon
    2. Mroz
    3. Guan
    4. Razzano
    5. Mahbanoozadeh
    6. Gachinski
    7. Bariev
    8. Kannallakan
    I think this is the US's best shot of sweeing the podium. Kudos to the US Junior men!

Dance:
    1. Monko/Tkachenko
    2. Sameulson/Bates
    3. Crone/Poirier
    4. Gorshkova/Butikov
    5. Riazanova/Guerreiro
    6. Pajardi/Caruso
    7. Chock/Zuerlin
    8. Agafonova/Dun

Pairs
    1. Bazarova/Larionov
    2. Krasilnikova/Bezmaternikh
    3. Sheremetieva/Kuznetsov
    4. Zhang/Wang
    5. Paetsch/Nuss
    6. Velenosi/Fernandez
    7. Butler/Jacobsen
    8. Khodkova/Sliusarenko
    9. Klimczak/Karweta

The host country for a JGP gets a wildcard entry, yes.

Dance - Crone/Poirer and Monko/Takchenko will battle it out for gold, and it will be a tight race. Correct me if i'm wrong, but did C/P beat M/T in Croatia? If so, I give the Canadians the edge, based on their strong FD. I put Samuelson/Bates in bronze medal position.
    No, C/P beat Gorshkova/Butikov in Croatia, and IIRC, it was quite close - I think Gorshkova and Butikov won the CD and OD but C/P won the FD and overall. Samuelson and Bates beat Monko/Tkachenko in Vienna, but they lost in the OD due to a fall. I think it will be close between C/P, M/T and S/B.

This is so hard to predict, especially in the singles! I think almost all the single skates can medal on a good day. I think ladies especially will be very tough.

Medalist
    My hopes for Gold

Mens: Rippon
    Ladies: Flatt
    Pairs: Bazarova/Larionov

My Predictions:

Mens: Mroz
    Ladies: Nagusu
    Pairs: Patsch/Nuss

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post

Samuelson and Bates beat Monko/Tkachenko in Vienna, but they lost in the OD due to a fall. I think it will be close between C/P, M/T and S/B.
    Samuelson/Bates beat Monko/Tchakeno in Vienna despite S/B's fall in the OD. If S/B had not fallen, they would have beaten M/T by 4-5 points, with a score close to or possibly higher than what M/T earned 5 weeks later in GBR.

S/B have had 3 months since Vienna to prepare for the JGPF. I think S/B and M/T will fight for gold, and C/P may have to settle for bronze.
    Last edited by chuckm; 12-02-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Custom Title
    I actually agree that S/B and M/T will be the ones fighting for gold, and C/P will have to settle for bronze. But I think these are the top three teams, and G/B might have to settle for fourth (again).

I actually really like both S/B and M/T. The judges seem to love M/T - they had very high component scores at Junior Worlds last season, despite it being their first international event together. I saw a video of their OD there, and aside from a fall at the end, it was fabulous. This season, I prefer S/B's OD to Davis and White's OD to the same music.
    Last edited by oleada; 12-02-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Samuelson/Bates.fight with Maria MONKO / Ilia TKACHENKO for first and second and for third place a fight between this young couples.... Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER .. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / John GUERREIRO..............Madison.CHOCK / Greg ZUERLIN
    i also think Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV are very overrated and over mark..
    Last edited by dancemaster; 12-03-2007 at 10:19 AM.

For Ladies, it should be Mirai. I've never seen Ninshino or Issakova. Any youtubes would be appreciated. Silver and Bronze are up for grabs. I'll guess Vahamaa and Flat in no particular order. I'd like to see Chrissy skate well.

For Men. Probably Mroz with heavy competition from Rippon, Mahbanoozadah and Boroludin (if he doesn't implode)

For Pairs. Maybe a Russian sweep, but no Pairs have won 2 GPs, so anything can happen.

For Ice Dancing If all teams skate their best, it will be a heluva competition. I can't even guess.

Joe

I'll stick with my earlier predictions for men:
    1-Mroz
    2-Guan
    3-Rippon
    then I'll say
    4-Bariev
    5-Kanallakan
    6-Mahbanoozadeh
    7-Gachinski
    8-Razzano

Ladies:
    1-Nagasu
    2-Flatt
    3-Nishino

Pairs:
    1-Bazarova/Larinov
    2-Butler/Jacobsen
    3-Krasilinkova/Kuznetsov

Dance:
    I haven't a clue.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    For Ladies, it should be Mirai. I've never seen Ninshino or Issakova. Any youtubes would be appreciated. Silver and Bronze are up for grabs. I'll guess Vahamaa and Flat in no particular order. I'd like to see Chrissy skate well.
    Here's Yuki Nishino's skates from the Asian Trophy, which she won. This was much earlier in the season, and her first competiton as a Junior. There are some nice qualities to her skating - she has nice speed and flow over the ice, as well as as fast spins and airy jumps.

SP:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QAzOEQnIcM[/url]
    LP:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEYv7S-lz7E[/url]

I've never seen Issakova either! But she beat Glebova last season, so she must be good.
    Last edited by oleada; 12-03-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Nishino just finished 2nd behind Rumi Suizu at Japanese Junior Nationals, and Rumi didn't make the JGPF (she's first alternate). Nishino just turned 14 and is the least experienced at international competitions among the top competitors here. I think she has a chance of making the podium, but I would be shocked to see her on top of it.

Custom Title
    Agreed, Chuckm. But she's had a very good international debut and year. I expect good things from her in the future.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post

The host country for a JGP gets a wildcard entry, yes.

No, C/P beat Gorshkova/Butikov in Croatia, and IIRC, it was quite close - I think Gorshkova and Butikov won the CD and OD but C/P won the FD and overall. Samuelson and Bates beat Monko/Tkachenko in Vienna, but they lost in the OD due to a fall. I think it will be close between C/P, M/T and S/B.

This is so hard to predict, especially in the singles! I think almost all the single skates can medal on a good day. I think ladies especially will be very tough.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they beat the other Russian team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast