JGPF Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

JGPF Predictions

Bennett

Record Breaker
Thanks Oleada Nishino is a little dynamo but still a bit raw. I think next season she' will be quite the 'gold' competitor.

Can anyone tell why Japanese Ladies can not turn their knees out in a layback spin? Fans keep tallking about ballet-like skating, yet they can not make the attitude position which is one of the basics in ballet and shows up in the layback spin. If Princess Aurora ever did the Rose Adagio with that type of attitude, the Prince would never kiss her.

Joe

I thought Midori Ito and Miki had nice turnout in their layback. I don't think that you can make a generalized statement about skaters by nationality. There would be quite a large number of skaters and coaches in China, Japan, the US, Canada, European countries, and other countries, not to mention the number of skating fans in each country/region. Besides, competitive skaters and fans are different groups of people who may or may not share any common background. I don't think that you can mix them together.

Last edited:
I thought Midori Ito and Miki had nice turnout in their layback. I don't think that you can make a generalized statement about skaters by nationality. There would be quite a large number of skaters and coaches in China, Japan, the US, Canada, European countries, and other countries, not to mention the number of skating fans in each country/region. Besides, competitive skaters and fans are different groups of people who may or may not share any common background. I don't think that you can mix them together.
Very true. It's just my taste getting in the way. Like Dick, I prefer the 'attitude' position in the layback but it is not mandatory.

Joe

Buzzz

Final Flight
There are now bio pages on all of the Junior GPF skaters. Just thought I should mention that. :)