Pairs event at Nationals | Golden Skate

Pairs event at Nationals

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The pairs event at Nationals is a really interesting one. The top 3 of last year Castile/Okolski, Inoue/Baldwin, Nari Nam/Leftheris, have all been out with injury this year. Evora/Ladwig, Vise/Trent, and McLaughlin/Brubaker have all competed on the GP circuit pretty well, McLaughlin/Brubaker obviously the best of any of them. I think the U.S has 2 spots to worlds this year. McLaughlin/Brubaker could win the whole thing and not be eligible this year, which is a break for the others.

Like Davis and White, McLaughlin and Brubaker must make a HUGE impression with the USFS to get the 'hype' rolling for 2009 since Keaunu is too young for Worlds.

This will make Naomi and Themi the silver medalists going to the Worlds. I haven't heard anything further about them. Are they healthy?

Any news of Rena and John?

Joe

pista04

On the Ice
Nothing new from Castile/Okolski, but Im hoping they can do what they did again and score another ride to worlds/4cc. With Brooke sick at both of em, we still dont know how they could have done at 100%. Them and mcLaughlin/Brubaker have always been my two favorites (well...for the two years that McL/Bru have been paired..hah)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
U. S. Pairs

I wonder if C/O are healthy. Didn't she have an ankle or foot injury at Nationals this year? I believe she was sick at Worlds. They haven't competed at all this year because of some injury she has.

M/B withdrew from the GPF because he has a foot injury.

Naomi/Themi might be practicing but I haven't seen anything on the boards about how well that is going.

I/B haven't competed and I haven't seen any practice reports on them either.

Gosh, are any of our pairs healthy? Vise/Trent maybe. How about Evora/Ladwing (sp?)?

Anyone have any news??
Maureen

I wonder if C/O are healthy. Didn't she have an ankle or foot injury at Nationals this year? I believe she was sick at Worlds. They haven't competed at all this year because of some injury she has.

M/B withdrew from the GPF because he has a foot injury.

Naomi/Themi might be practicing but I haven't seen anything on the boards about how well that is going.

I/B haven't competed and I haven't seen any practice reports on them either.

Gosh, are any of our pairs healthy? Vise/Trent maybe. How about Evora/Ladwing (sp?)?

Anyone have any news??
Maureen

:scratch: When I think of all the pages which were discussed on Johnny's sprained ankle, and no one knows the state of well being of the Pairs teams. Oh well, nobody is important as one's own.

Joe

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
We'll know soon enough about Inoue and Baldwin as they are scheduled to perform in "Holiday on Ice" in Japan over the holiday period. Since nothing has been heard from Nam/Leftharis since their announcement that they would begin their season at U.S. Nationals, we can only assume that they will be there. Operative word is "assume".
:unsure:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
if inoue and baldwin land the 3 axel, and vise and trent land the quad this will be really intersting. The first time in a LONG time we didn't have a favorite in this event.