Did I hear ESPN right? | Golden Skate

Did I hear ESPN right?

Final Flight
omg yeah....i was like "FINALLY!"

espn360.com...hopefully they didnt lie

4 Disciplines of 6 skaters or Teams and 6 hours from NY EST. Somebody figure it out and tell us at what time should the ESPN be turned on to catch all this? I'm sure there will be commercials, fluffs and the usual official setups.

I think they may have meant the exhibtions only, but I don't know.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Folks, espn360 requires that your computer has broadband or cable modem, and that your ISP (internet service provider) carries espn360.

If you do have the proper arrangements, then you can watch the competition live on the WEB---NOT on TV.

My ISP does not support this service, and the only one that does isn't fully expanded into the area where I live. :no:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmmmm thanks for that, chuckm... I'm gonna go check that out now...

ETA - yeah I don't get to watch it :(

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
Holy cow, this is the best news that I've heard all week! I have ESPN360 here, I didn't know anything about it until I read this thread. Thanks so much for the info. :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now... what time should we be sure to turn on the 360ESPN?

Joe

Torino is 6 hours ahead of New York City, so whatever the starting time of the GPF is each day, subtract 6 hours.

The OD starts on 12/14 at 1:10 pm (at least on the tentative schedule) so that would be 7:10 am in NYC. When the GPF results page goes up (probably in the afternoon on 12/13) you can get the actual time of each event. They display the time in military format so it's easy to subtract the 6 hours.

Final Flight
too lazy to think or calculate: time for FD Los Angeles time? EST is fine...

emma

Record Breaker
So, I'm totally computer inept --- how do I find out if my internet service provider provides espn 360? thanks in advance!

momjudi

On the Ice
I watched Cup of Russia live on ESPN360. No commentating, just music and the sound of the skates on the ice.

gourry

Final Flight
Oh my....:no:
Mine doesn't provide ESPN360...
I want to cry. Maybe I should try my good old Russian web TV again...?

MissCleo

On the Ice
Now... what time should we be sure to turn on the 360ESPN?

Joe

The website shows a list of upcoming program. So I would check a few days before to see when and what they are showing.

However, I tried to watch NHK live this weekend. The streaming broadcast was variable. I tried to watch the mens long. The link said that the broadcast was showing it live, but it took an hour after the long programs started for broadcast to actually begin. So I ended up only watching the last flight.

They keep old competitions online for a few days, so I saw Cup of Russia that way and they should everything, compulsories and all.

So I guess I am saying, who knows what will end up being shown.

dewey

Rinkside
I watched 7+ hours of NHK on ESPN360 this weekend. You can scroll through the program guide and watch events on demand, which is useful if you have to do things like go to work. I'm not sure how long they leave events up though.