Gift Ideas | Golden Skate

Gift Ideas

skamper23

Medalist
okay...My 16 year old son has his 1st girlfriend and she'll be coming over xmas eve and I'd like to get her a liitle something....I have 3 boys...and haven't the slight Idea what teenage girls are into this year...any ideas??

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
What type of girl is she? tom boy, girly girl, athletic, preppy?

gift cards always work when in doubt :laugh: but I'm not a big fan of them as it doesn't really say much thought was put into the gift.

skamper23

Medalist
Well, she plays soccer and softball...but I wouldn't say tomboy... I know a few of her favorite stores, but didn't want to go the gift card route. I guess I'll use that as my last resort :laugh: if I have to.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do you know any of her hobbies, or what type of music she likes... movies she's been wanting?

I honestly don't know, I've never dated so I don't really know what a high school girlfriend would get from the parents... I was thinking a cute stuffed animal, but that'd be something I'd like...

laceup

On the Ice
I don't know what the winter weather is like where you live but a nice gift around here is always a cute scarf and mitten set. Says you put a little thought into matching her coat etc. but not over the top.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I remember my boyfriend's parents always buying me the cutest pajama sets from LaSenza. They were always tasteful and appreciated.

You also couldn't go wrong with a bottle of perfume or a cute bag/purse.

Canuck

Maybe you could get your son to make a game of writing a wish-list letter to Santa with her and he could tell you what she writes down...maybe that'd give you a clue.

I like the idea of a little stuffed animal...maybe with a single rose bud, or her favorite candy, or a pair of earrings or bracelet or necklace or even just a cute Holiday pin for her coat, attached to the stuffed animal.

skamper23

Medalist
Thanks for the great ideas!:agree: maybe I'll try the Santa wish list game to see what I can get out of her...I asked her what she wanted for xmas and She's like "oh nothing much just some clothes..." I think my son wanted to get her a charm bracelet..I like the scarf set and pin idea!!

heyang

Record Breaker
Don't buy perfume unless you know what she likes.....I would think your son might have some ideas for a simple gift that she would like.

Be cautious with the pin. If she doesn't already wear something on her coat, it's unlikely that she's that interested in them. I've gotten my share of costume jewelry as gifts; however, if the giver truly considered my preferences, I would only receive dangling earrings since I infrequently wear any other type of jewelry.

I don't think the gift cards have to be thoughtless. For instance I wanted to get one of my employees a small birthday present. She usually talks about her 2 boys, but I didn't want to buy them anything. One day, she told me her favorite store is Jack's World - so, I got her a gift card there, instead of just getting Macy's, etc.

So, if you know of a store that she absolutely enjoys shopping in or if you know that the person is saving up to buy something big at a particular store, gift cards can be very thoughtful.

Whatever you do - make sure you include a gift receipt to allow her to exchange easily.