What are your biggest hopes for the new season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What are your biggest hopes for the new season?

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
shanilia said:
My hope is that someone else besides Michelle Kwan will win Nationals and Worlds.

Michelle deserves every win she earns, but it would be nice to see someone else have the thrill of victory for once.

Timothy Goebel will burst alive with choreography - then he'll have the complete package.

Angela Nikodinov will have a consistent season.

ITA!! How could I forget about Timmy?!

Pookie

Final Flight
I would love to see Angela come through with a wonderful, successful season.

And I, too, would like to see fair judging.

FAIR JUDGING more than anything else!!!

I could comment on each and every skater but I've done that many times, so I'll just pick one out:

STEPHANE LAMBIEL

Not so much to win gold but to be on the podium at Euros and Worlds.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
  1. The new judging system to produce better results.
  2. Sasha to become more consistent.
  3. Belbin and Agosto to continue skating strong.
  4. There has been a lot of shuffling around among just-out-of-juniors Russians in both dance and pairs. I wish for at least one dance team and one pair to show promise.
    [/list=1]

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With the split between Tarasova and Morozov, both Alexei's and Sasha's programs could look very different. I'm hoping they'll still be as good.
They will be. Alexei has had good programs prior to Morozov so there should be no problem.

I wish that Alexei could come back healthy and very competitive. I also wish that Sasha Cohen can maintain consistency and beat the pants off of everyone!!

I hope that Shen & Zhao would be even better.

Dee

shine

Record Breaker
That all my favorite skaters will have a blast this season and fulfilled whatever they have set out to do!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
- I´m looking forward to ladies competitions and hoping to see great performances also from those who have been a bit inconsistent or unlucky

- I´m hoping that I will find men´s skating really interesting in coming season again. Competitionswise it has been rather boring after the 1997-1998 season, IMO. Stephane Lambiel and a few other rather new skaters will be of big help.

- Regarding the next Worlds I hope to see a healthy Plushy competing.

- And of course I wish to see fair judging!!!

Marjaana

S

SkateFan4Life

Biggest Hopes

My "wishlist" for the upcoming season:

(1) Timothy Goebel gain the artistry he needs to win a World title.
(2) The US men skating great long programs at Nationals.
(3) The following men make the World team - Goebel, Savoie, and Weir. Sorry, Michael Weiss, you've had your chances, and it's time to turn pro.
(4) Sarah Hughes to have a wonderful freshman year at Yale while still making time to train. Hopefully, she will return to the 2004-2005 season refreshed, well trained, and motivated to claim her first US and World title.
(5) The US women to skate great long programs at next year's Worlds. For Sasha Cohen to finally put it all together and win her first US title. US women's World team -- Cohen, Kwan, and McDonough.
(6) For the JUDGING TO BE FAIR. Oh well, I can wish, can't I? :rolleyes:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
To see the Canadian team strong again - especially in the mens and ladies singles.

Germanice

On the Ice
I want ...

... first of all ... Alexei being healthy, fiery and competetive (Euros! Worlds!) again. I've missed him soooo much, last season wasn't simply the same without him! Come back, Alexei!

... Plush to drop Mishin.

... a podium place at Worlds for Alexander Abt.

... Timothy Goebel far away from ANY podium.

... a real big one for Takeshi Honda - he's got it all!

... Elvis Stojko finally to realize his "glorious" times in eligible skating are gone forever, and, if possible, BEFORE competing at Canadian Nationals, please!

... Jeff Buttle competing at Worlds ... ;)

... Ilia Kulik at SOI again ... instead of Alexei ... :)

... a breakthrough season for mesmerizing Susanna Poykio!

... Fumie, Cupcake or Sasha to win Worlds in 2004.

... Götterdämmerung for Kwan ... :p

... the Japanese Ladies going on to enchant everyone!

... another SUBLIME program for Shen/Zhao, if this is even possible!

... Todmannina/Marinin to add some flair to their performances.

... Petrova/Tikhonov finally to retire.

... an real OUTSTANDING icedance team for a chance. Right now they're all looking pretty much the same to me!

Oh well, it's impossible all my wishes to become true at the same time, but I deliberately mentioned as many as possible so that there's a slight chance that at least some of them ... did you hear that, Skating God?

Anke

Kasey

Medalist
I'm sure some of mine will be similar to others, while one or two will be quite different! :)

1. Although he apparantly plans only to do the Grand Prix events this year and not Euros or Worlds, I'd love to see a recovered, healthy Yagudin start kicking butt again! I thought men's was REALLY boring this year without him, and that Plush had it far too easy most of the time!

2. Angela fully recovered and winning a spot on world team...and maybe even bettering her bronze at nats...why not silver or gold?? I think that would be GREAT! Although to do that, she'd have to end up ahead of a LOT of talented skaters....Mok, McDonough, Hughes, and, (yuck, I DON'T like her) Cohen.

3. Sarah Hughes back to making magic on the ice! I think her LP at nats was encouraging....before falling apart at worlds. But she can still do it.

4. I want to see Tim Goebel do something beyond his 2 year old long program, and see him continue to add personality and character on the ice....Worlds was GREAT for him, now he needs to move forward with it.

5. And, frankly, I want to see Weiss come back strong this year! I know that he seems to be quite reviled by most people here...but the heck with that, *I* like him and like to watch him! :)

Sidejehoka

Rinkside
My hopes for 2003/2004 are:

- Sasha wins the US title with a LP to Michael Nyman's "Piano" Soundtrack

- Elvis can avoid a completely embarassing season

- Russian sweep in the men's event in Dortmund (in any order) with BOTH Evgeny and Alexei skating at their best (which didn't ever happen so far at Worlds, I believe :confused: )

- Denkova/Stavisky make the podium at both Euros and Worlds

- ISU drops the COP and everybody is judged fairly

missflick

On the Ice
Hopes

Here goes....
1) SL wins SC this fall, shows off his glorious spins to Canadian fans:D
2) SC finally gets her act together and stop making silly mistakes
3) FS wins worlds!
4) P&W wins Canadians, places top 5 in the world but makes and impression with all of the fans. Also, to medal at SA this fall.
:D
5) N&K make it on the podium at worlds.
6) K&M (her new partner) make as wonderful an impression as her old partner did with her.
7) AY makes a comeback, but hopefully not at the expense of his health
8) JB gets some consistency with his wonderful artistry
9) CK does Italy proud.

That's all I can think of right now. Hi Tonichelle!

shine

Record Breaker
1) SL wins SC this fall, shows off his glorious spins to Canadian fans
Wow, that's really one heck of a wish considering the SC line-up for men...but I certainly wouldn't mind if that indeed happened
:cool: