For Petrenko and Plushenko fans | Golden Skate

For Petrenko and Plushenko fans

J

Joesitz

Re: For Petrenko and Plushenko fans

It seems Victor did a black hair dye which really suits him. There was an excellent ballerina, blonde, lyrical, great technique. When she dyed her hair, she became a favorite of many. What is this all about?

Plush will never win most photogenic award but that's ok.

Joe

J

Jaana

>Plush will never win most photogenic award but that's ok.

Joe >

LOL, I agree. Actually I think though that he looked a very nice and pleasant person in the photos. Thanks for the link. Always like to look at photos of skaters...

Oh, and about being photogenic, sexy, handsome or what ever, male skaters don´t need to be that. At once when a skater starts winning titles, they start to be seen as photogenic, handsome, etc. The more titles the skater wins. the better the looks get to be in the eyes of their fans. Of course there can be different tastes, but sometimes it seems that it could also be a question of the fans maybe not having such a good eyesight anymore, LOL?

Marjaana

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">Mathman, thank you for the <strong>beautiful</strong> photos of Evgeni. Joe and Jaana, I'm coming to throw tomatoes at you. :p

Laura :) </span>

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">Thank you, Mathman!!! :D :D :D :D

Laura :)

PS He was a cutie when he was younger, wasn't he? Now he's a total babe :p </span>

L

Lanechka

Yay! I think it's the lighting that makes him look bad, but usually he's really cute (his eyes!). Okay, enough girly stuff... :)

<strong>-Lanie</strong>

W

WindSpirit5

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>At once when a skater starts winning titles, they start to be seen as photogenic, handsome, etc. The more titles the skater wins. the better the looks get to be in the eyes of their fans. Of course there can be different tastes, but sometimes it seems that it could also be a question of the fans maybe not having such a good eyesight anymore, LOL?[/quote] So you do think that there're some universal rules of beauty that we all agree with, after all? I guess there are people who make that implication you wrote about, but not that many. Sometimes it might seem that way when it isn't. For example, to me (as I've already written somewhere) talent is attractive. And talent plus hard work often bring titles, medals, etc.

As for good eyesight, believe it or not I see very clearly all the details of someone's looks; I just don't think that beauty has to do anything with a generically pretty face.

IMO Plushenko is quite photogenic. I love this <a href="http://www.kgphotos.com/cgi-bin/RLi...SKATID=93&EVENTID=17&LEVEL=3&INITIAL=&RTYPE=1" target="top">photo</a> (hopefully the link will work). It's taken by Kathy Goedeken, who, I think, has an incredible eye. :)

Btw, it was Mathman I believe, who suggested in The Voting Booth that ladies would vote for Yagudin because (I guess) "he's hot". I'd say that they're attracted to Yags because of his talent, passion, determination, etc. He has a great body, but so do many, many figure skaters. There're thousands of men with a face like his, and they're not even that handsome, just well-groomed (and give me Yags' original hair anytime). His looks don't make him exceptional, his skating does. And <em>that's</em> what makes him attractive physically, too. Not the other way around (well, not that it doesn't happen), same with the titles and medals.

M

mpal2

Thanks for the link Windspirit.

Plushy has never made my dream man list, but Kathy took a wonderful photo of him. He's still not on my dream list, but I can see why others put him on theirs.

J

Jaana

WindSpirit5
>So you do think that there're some universal rules of beauty that we all agree with, after all? I guess there are people who make that implication you wrote about, but not that many. Sometimes it might seem that way when it isn't. For example, to me (as I've already written somewhere) talent is attractive. And talent plus hard work often bring titles, medals, etc. >

Generally speaking (not about Plushenko), I have always thought that if somebody´s looks would not get my attention if he would be some unknown I would see on the street, the fact that he has won titles will not change that matter and add his sexiness or what ever. It looks to me that some very fanatic fans make such a big do about a few very, very ordinary and homely looking guys (in my opinion, LOL) who have won lots of titles, what ever titles they might be.

For example about being handsome, I am a huge fan of Ilia Kulik (my all-time biggest favourite), but I still have eyes to see that Urmanov is a bit more handsome than Ilia... And Robin Cousins was a very big favourite of mine, but I did not think that he was very handsome, etc., and his wonderful skating (and what ever feelings he may have been seen expressing on the ice) did not make him any different in that respect to me. So, if there would have been Internet polls in that time, he would not have gotten my vote for being e.g. the most handsome, if somebody else would have fitted better into that description, in my opinion. That´s what I mean with good eyesight, LOL.

Thanks for the photo link, a very nice photo of Plushenko!

Marjaana

B

bumblebee1

Nothing is more attractive to women than success. Personally, Plushenko is a wonderful skater. Do I find him to be sexy? Not really. In my opinion, he looks like a little boy instead of a man. I'd feel like I was after jail bait.

W

WindSpirit5

Marjaana, thanks for explaining. Well, I guess, it's a little more "complicated" (for lack of the word), than we thought. :lol: Once I voted in the poll for the most handsome (not sexy, beautiful, etc.) skater, and if I remember correctly I chose Abt, because he was the most handsome man from those we were to choose from (the list included Yagudin and Plushenko). I mean, classically handsome, "objectively", etc. But it's only good for polls. He's not my type entirely. I wouldn't also go for John Zimmerman, Steven Cousin, etc. It's just that a pretty face holds no appeal for me. So for the sakes of the polls I could agree with you when it comes to being classically handsome. But that only means that I know what the common rules for being handsome are, it doesn't say anything about my preferences. Now, if the poll is for sexy or beautiful - it's entirely up to me, because the are no rules for being sexy, and -- forgive the cliche -- I believe that beauty comes within. That's why people can become beautiful to us after we get to know them. And that brings us to:

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I have always thought that if somebody's looks would not get my attention if he would be some unknown I would see on the street, the fact that he has won titles will not change that matter and add his sexiness or what ever[/quote] Btw, I did think Plushenko was ugly when I first saw him, as was Yagudin. But 'ugly' doesn't necessarily have a negative meaning for me (as it often means only that someone's not universally handsome), 'boring' does. Ugly is often "a difficult beauty", as I call it. :) Anyway, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the subject, I've just wanted to explain that I genuinely feel or think something and why I do that. I'm perfectly OK with people thinking that someone I like is ugly. After all it's more for me, eh? ;)

I agree that success is attractive, for many reasons, but the most attractive? I don't think so. There's nothing more annoying that a successful jerk.