Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pet Peeves, part 2

Learning to Fly
    I think we could start a whole thread for just driving pet peeves. I mean pet peeves about other drivers - of course our driving is flawless! Haha, sometimes I find myself grumbling about habits I have myself. I will spare you my longlong list of driving pet peeves, but I think my #1, like windspirit's #2 is people who don't use their turn signal. ARGH!

Okay, here's another one that doesn't have anything to do with driving. You're standing in line waiting to check out at a department store, (could be any type of store really). You get to the counter and the salesperson starts to check you out, when the phone at the counter rings. You are left waiting while the salesperson not only takes the call, but leaves you hanging while he or she hunt down an item that the person on the phone has requested. Apparantly a customer on the phone, (who may or may not come in to pick up the item), is worth more than an "in the flesh" paying customer.............anyone else experience this problem? 42

I still watch G L too. And I have walked out of two stores that I can remember where the phone call was more important than I was. :D

NM Pinon Picker
    Millions of TV commercials during skating shows & competitions. You spend actually 30-40 minutes of skating and 20-30 minutes watching commercials. *sigh*

Sal-Kowabunga!

Lightbulb Babies in Movie Theaters?

OK, since this a major peeve for some, I'd like to point out that SOME movie theaters are trying to help by offering showings for parents and children. Nicely timed article in the Sunday Plain Dealer:

http://www.cleveland.com/living/plai...3110221910.xml

I vote that parents with children support this by going then! Hmmmm, maybe some of us without little ones could support it too (those who can stand to be in a theater guaranteed to be full of little ones!). Then again, maybe not!

Here's another one for the "little tikes"........We're in an upscale restaurant when a couple comes in with a toddler and three year old and sits in the booth behind us. The three year old is allowed to stand up in the booth and proceeds to lean over the back of the seat into our area most of the meal. The toddler screeches and screams every three minutes, just enough to ruin our meal. I place part of the blame on the restaurant for providing high chairs and not providing a "child friendly" area away from the main dining area.............can you say "McDonald's" or "Babysitter"?.............42

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu

Pet Peeves, part 2

Show 42
    Whenever I see tikes like you mentioned, I wonder why management doesn't ask to have the children removed. Most businesses have signs that say, "We have to right to refuse services to anyone,"
    Daniel and Little Lulu

Medalist
    Boy, I agree about the telemarketers and cell phone users! And people who chatter and carry on during a movie - usually the volume is cranked up enough to make a rock band envious :D but that's beside the point, LOL. Once, I had someone sit right behind me and explain what was going to happen at some point in the movie to their buddy. Well, *I* didn't want to know!

And about people strolling through the parking lot - you have to creep along while they walk right down the middle of the lane. They glance at you and then keep right on walking and talking just like they're in the park or something.

People who don't use their turn signals - not only when they're turning in your lane ahead of you, but coming from the opposite direction or pulling out into your lane! Oh yes, and cutting in, almost close enough to shave the paint off of your car!

People who take a buggyful of items right up to the Express Lane checkout when it clearly states "8 items or less..."

I could go on and on.

Kzarah.........We've actually asked to be moved before in various restaurants, due to unruly kids. If we see we are about to be seated next to a family with small children, we always ask to be seated elsewhere, and we explain why.........42

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3