Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Music Selections for next season for some skaters (may still be rumor)

TriGirl Rinkside
    From Tonichelle's link:

I don't know Katie Lee, but I'd be interested to see someone skate to Sunset Blvd.

Fumie - I can't see her skating to the Stones, but I like it as a music choice.

Who/what is Secret Garden? Seems like a lot of skaters are using it/them.

Jahnke - Brazilian medley. He just might have the flair to pull it off.

Custom Title
    Who/what is Secret Garden? Seems like a lot of skaters are using it/them.
    Secret Garden is a Norweigan New Age duo consisting of keyboardist Rolf Lovland and Irish violinist Fionnuala Sherry. Many skaters have used their music. Irina's 99-00 SP was to their Appassionata (also used by Elena Liashenko this past season); Viktoria skated to Illumination the same season. Jennifer Robinson skated to Passacaglia in 99 and Josee Chouinard skated to Poeme. These tracks can be found on White Stones. A number of skaters have skated to Song from a Secret Garden (Tatiana Malinina, Joannie Rochette, Nicole Watt) for the SP, which is from the CD Songs From A Secret Garden. I have both of these CDs and they are wonderful.

Here is a link to their official website:
    http://www.secretgarden.no/fs_facts_feeling.html

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Custom Title

Re: Take 5?

Originally posted by RealtorGal
    I disagree about Jeff's choices. While I like "Take 5" as a piece of music, for a skating program, it's duller than cardboard. No peaks, no drama, no variation whatsoever. Remember Amber's dull routine to that music a year or so ago? YAWN! If you're looking to engage an audience, this is not the piece of music to do it. Jeff needs all the help he can get--this music will not help him at all.
    I must respectfully disagree. Amber's program was dull and I feel she did not capture the essence of the music. Both Torvill & Dean and Lu Chen have used this music more effectively.

I had the pleasure of seeing T&D perform their Take Five routine during the 97 SOI Tour. Every single little movement/nuance matched the music perfectly. Lu Chen used this for her 97 SP. Although the performance was disastrous (she missed the 2A and the lutz combo and did not make the final cut for the LP), the program itself (choreographed by Sandra Bezic) was brilliant. I especially liked the footwork section to the drum part of the piece. When Amber skated to the same music, she did the spiral sequence to the same section of music and it was not as effective as Lu's.

Winkler/Lohse and Ryan Jankhe have also used this music successfully in the past.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Gold Medalist
    Secret Garden!!! Its good music...just hope that its not going to be overused.

SkateFan4Life

Thumbs up Music Selections......

I predict that Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake" will be as memorable as Oksana Baiul's "Swan Lake", and her performance will carry her to her first US and World titles next year.

Down With It
    Originally posted by SkateFan4Life:
    I predict that Sasha Cohen's "Swan Lake" will be as memorable as Oksana Baiul's "Swan Lake", and her performance will carry her to her first US and World titles next year.
    You think so? Well in that case she certainly has her work cut out for her , certainly if MK or SH or even AP is competing then it's gonna be tough for her. And even tougher at the international level, when you factor in IS, FS, ES, you get the drift...she'll definitely have to stay on her feet this time...

Take 5 is a very difficult piece of music to interpret. I agree tha Amber's interpretation was not interesting, but T&D were very successful at it. Also, Chen Lu used it for her short program during the 96/97 season. It was choreographed by Chris Dean. You could tell that it was a really good program, but she was not skating well that season.

This is quite an impressive list of musical selections. With the music chosen, can the competitions be far behind? 42

Re: Take 5?

Originally posted by RealtorGal
    I disagree about Jeff's choices. While I like "Take 5" as a piece of music, for a skating program, it's duller than cardboard. No peaks, no drama, no variation whatsoever. Remember Amber's dull routine to that music a year or so ago? YAWN! If you're looking to engage an audience, this is not the piece of music to do it. Jeff needs all the help he can get--this music will not help him at all.
    I dunno... Torvill & Dean did an amazing program to that peice of music... one of my favorite programs for theirs

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Red Dog
    You think so? Well in that case she certainly has her work cut out for her , certainly if MK or SH or even AP is competing then it's gonna be tough for her. And even tougher at the international level, when you factor in IS, FS, ES, you get the drift...she'll definitely have to stay on her feet this time...

I agree it's going to be difficult. She may win her 1st national title but Michelle's not her only factor. She's going to have to get pass Irina and Elena at Worlds. However I know she's a big favorite.

Custom Title

Swan Lake

I went to see Swan Lake this year at Lincoln Center and it was beautiful so I'm excited to see it in skating this season. Sasha could be an excellent black swan.

Custom Title
    Yuck and ptuooi to Michelle Currie's choices. The Door's? Uh, not for me (for a skating program anyway):rolleyes:

Yay for JB's choices though.

Rinkside
    Annie Bellemare

Short Program: Eastern Type Music
    Long Program: Quebec Soundtrack
    Her long is on the music of the Quebec Movie "Un homme et son peché" .

Custom Title

Re: Sasha

I wonder what Sasha will do for her LP!
    Well, if we're thinking tried and true - perhaps Sheherazade??? Or how about Samson and Delilah??

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Rinkside

Re: Music Selections......

Originally posted by SkateFan4Life

AMEN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast