Most undermarked performance at the GP final? | Golden Skate

Most undermarked performance at the GP final?

Most undermarked performance at the GP final?

• Total voters

Winnipeg

Final Flight
They were undermarked since they are too new I think. I am not saying that is right but it is why they were undermarked.

It definitely would not be fair if that is the case......................another example of why FS is not as popular as it once was.............

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
It definitely would not be fair if that is the case......................another example of why FS is not as popular as it once was.............

New skaters have almost always been undermarked throughout the history of the sport. This is especially true in dance, where in the past teams had to 'wait their turn' to move towards the top. I'd say this aspect of things is better now rather than worse.

icesk8erdude4e

Rinkside
I think that the most undermarked program was Caroline Zhang's short program. She should've been in first after the short and not Yu Na Kim although I really love Yu Na Kim i didn't like her short program but Kim definately deserved to win overall.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Caroline's Zhang's SP. not sure if it was undermarked, but yu-na's was sure overmarked! Also Caroline's LP.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Kostner's both programs. I know her spins are mediocre at best and her speed is uncontrolled at times, but she should be getting higher GOEs on her jumps. She is a superb jumper when she lands them, which she did at this event. As much as I'm a huge Yuna fan, the gap between the GOEs on jumps of two ladies is beyond me.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Kostner's both programs. I know her spins are mediocre at best and her speed is uncontrolled at times, but she should be getting higher GOEs on her jumps. She is a superb jumper when she lands them, which she did at this event. As much as I'm a huge Yuna fan, the gap between the GOEs on jumps of two ladies is beyond me.

That's a good point. Perhaps the consistency issue playing under water in judges' preconceptions?

Willywu

Rinkside
Overmarked: Lambiel LP
Undermarked: Daisuke's LP

Anyone who says Caroline shouldve been ahead of Yu-Na obviously have never seen previous scores posted by Kim.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I definitely feel Stephane Lambiel was undermarked in his SP at the GPF, but I'm sure it was because he was only the 2nd skater of the 6 men flight and in this judging system, skate order obviously still makes a difference. The judges still hold back on PCS scores for the early skaters to make room for later skaters. Had he skated last or next to last, he would have won the SP I feel since he did have the more difficult program over Takahashi.