Thread: Editing time limits

0 Not allowed!

Editing time limits

Is there a time limit after which users can no longer edit their posts? I want to premake a thread for something but don't want to get locked out of being able to update it once the event actually occurs!

I ask because some forums I'm a part of won't let you edit OPs/other posts after a certain amount of time has passed, unless a moderator does it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    So far, you can edit your OP on Golden Skate until the thread is either closed or archived. Things are subject to change, but this is how they mostly work.

Fan Fest and Reference threads are always open and never archived.

Threads in the Edge are archived several times a season, if they are inactive. They stay open longer if people are actively posting in them.

Threads like US skaters 2016-17 and competition threads are also typically archived at or close to the official end of the ISU season.

If a thread of yours that you want to stay open is archived, you can either start a new thread which has a link to the old thread in the first post, or if you feel that is not appropriate, you can ask the mods to reinstate it.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    So far, you can edit your OP on Golden Skate until the thread is either closed or archived. Things are subject to change, but this is how they mostly work.

Fan Fest and Reference threads are always open and never archived.

Threads in the Edge are archived several times a season, if they are inactive. They stay open longer if people are actively posting in them.

Threads like US skaters 2016-17 and competition threads are also typically archived at or close to the official end of the ISU season.

If a thread of yours that you want to stay open is archived, you can either start a new thread which has a link to the old thread in the first post, or if you feel that is not appropriate, you can ask the mods to reinstate it.
    Thanks, Doris! You answered my question perfectly!