Huckabee: I am practicing Nancy Kerrigan school of politics | Golden Skate

Huckabee: I am practicing Nancy Kerrigan school of politics

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Does this mean he expects to come in second in the race that matters most? :laugh:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I think that he means that the bashing needs to stop. apparently there are a number of TV ads in Iowa that are the candidates bashing each other.

decker

On the Ice
If Mr. Huckabee thinks enough is enough, he might want to hush up his national campaign chairman, who says he wants to knock out Mitt Romney's teeth. I certainly hope this is just figurative hyperbole. But still.

Susan

netnuts

Match Penalty
If Mr. Huckabee thinks enough is enough, he might want to hush up his national campaign chairman, who says he wants to knock out Mitt Romney's teeth. I certainly hope this is just figurative hyperbole. But still.

Susan

I think Romney is done. Huckabee will win Iowa, and McCain will likely win NH.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
And given the winners of Iowa and New Hamsphire historically never win the nomination, that actually looks pretty good for Mitt and Rudy....

netnuts

Match Penalty
I like Huckabee. I think he is the best hope for GOP to retain the white house.

He is refresh, and his economic populist theme will make him a heavy favorite in Ohio and Florida.

I'll take a real 'hope' candidate - Huckabee any day to an empty suit - Hussien Obama. Cringe. :bow:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
:biggrin:Romney without his teeth would be like the Colts without Peyton Manning:biggrin: I mean, did you see that 2nd-string QB - what's his name, Jorshgi? Ugh!

Huckelbee: All US citizens must believe in the Bible or they lose citizenship. I think that would sum him up.

Joe

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I like Huckabee. I think he is the best hope for GOP to retain the white house.

He is refresh, and his economic populist theme will make him a heavy favorite in Ohio and Florida.

I'll take a real 'hope' candidate - Huckabee any day to an empty suit - Hussien Obama. Cringe. :bow:

What a terrible statement. I can't believe you sound so ignorant. Huckabee is someone that opposes abortions and gay marriage. Now, THAT makes me cringe. Btw, the correct name is Obama Hussein, not Hussein Obama. Get your facts right first if you want to make such a blatant, one-line statement. And his father was from Kenya, nothing to do with the Middle East. I can't believe I'm hearing someone sound so ignorant and bigotted on goldenskate. arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

netnuts

Match Penalty
the Middle East. I can't believe I'm hearing someone sound so ignorant and bigotted on goldenskate. arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Get over it. Not everybody is going to worship Saint Hussein Obama. This guy is clueless and dangerous. The mainstream media wants to shove this mentally retarded egomaniac down to our throats.

I will be very very happy to see him to get creamed in the end. It's going to be another long night for those media elitists in Nov, 2008.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Get over it. Not everybody is going to worship Saint Hussein Obama. This guy is clueless and dangerous. The mainstream media wants to shove this mentally retarded egomaniac down to our throats.

I will be very very happy to see him to get creamed in the end. It's going to be another long night for those media elitists in Nov, 2008.

sounds like you live in Mississipi or something. If Obama doesn't win this year, but it won't be because he's ignorant. I'll take someone from Harvard over someone from some baptist college in Arkansas any day.

decker

On the Ice
sounds like you live in Mississipi or something. If Obama doesn't win this year, but it won't be because he's ignorant. I'll take someone from Harvard over someone from some baptist college in Arkansas any day.

Before you question anyone else's intelligence, you need to:

1) Learn how to spell Mississippi.
2) Note that Mississippi is 37% African American. Thus, "Mississippi" is a poor synonymn for "white racism."
3) Clean up your own backyard. Wherever that may be, I guarantee there is prejudice and hatred.
4) Figure out that the majority of Southerners have teeth, wear shoes, read, write, and do arithmetic. You might know this already if you weren't so hung up on your outdated stereotypes.
5). Get over your own religious bigotry. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Baptist minister and a graduate of Morehouse College, formerly known as Atlanta Baptist Seminary.

Susan from Birmingham, Alabama. Where Bull Connor has been dead for 34years, and the primary industry is medical research. Not bomb throwing.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Before you question anyone else's intelligence, you need to:

1) Learn how to spell Mississippi.
2) Note that Mississippi is 37% African American. Thus, "Mississippi" is a poor synonymn for "white racism."
3) Clean up your own backyard. Wherever that may be, I guarantee there is prejudice and hatred.
4) Figure out that the majority of Southerners have teeth, wear shoes, read, write, and do arithmetic. You might know this already if you weren't so hung up on your outdated stereotypes.
5). Get over your own religious bigotry. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Baptist minister and a graduate of Morehouse College, formerly known as Atlanta Baptist Seminary.

Susan from Birmingham, Alabama. Where Bull Connor has been dead for 34years, and the primary industry is medical research. Not bomb throwing.

I know all of the above, thanks, and I have to admit taking mississippi (since when did we have to spell everything right here?) was not the best example, but I still remain appalled by the fact that someone who derides abortion and gay marriage (such conveniently blood raising issues for the religious aren't they--hence my guarded disdain for religion, but if you can't take it that's fine) is going to be winning the primaries, and you have to admit most of those that would want to vote for Huckabee are conservatives, and a lot of them live in the South, so I couldn't help but make the generalizations. I've been on both coasts (east and west), and now I find myself living in one of the southern states south of VA, and the difference is so striking. The muted racism, the purposeful ignoring of the greater issues in the world in favor of local ones (I've never heard any politician touting border control more than here, and I used to live in california!) is so much more palpable in the south than anywhere else I've been that it's disturbing (and I don't think it matters how many black people there are, "white racism" still can exist regardless of the proportions.)Like I read one editorial written by a young undergrad in our school paper calling for an end to ESL classes and having official documents translated into other languages and calling them a waste of resources because English is the first language and should be so for everyone, including hispanic immigrants who hardly ever have time to spend with their families because they're working so many hours and hence have little time to learn a new language like they would want to! As if the moment they step off their planes they should speak English like it's their mother language right away! I just don't get such a selfishly conservative, this-is-America attitude that I've often witnessed here, yes,some gross generalzations they are perhaps, but the truth is, I've still come to become good friends with many with this attitude regardless! Yes, everyone in Alabama I'm sure has teeth and can do arhthmetic and most of them I'm sure are wonderful people, but I don't think I need to be told that by you.

Last edited:

netnuts

Match Penalty
I know all of the above, thanks, and I have to admit taking mississippi (do we have to spell everything right here?) was not the best example, but I still remain appalled by the fact that someone who derides abortion and gay marriage (such conveniently blood raising issues aren't they) is going to be winning the primaries, and you have to admit most of those that would want to vote for Huckabee are conservatives, and a lot of them live in the South, so I couldn't help but make the generalizations. I've been on both coasts (east and west), and now I find myself living in one of the carolinas, and the difference is so striking. The muted racism, the purposeful ignorance of the greater issues in the world is so much more palpable in the south than anywhere else I've been that it's disturbing. Like I read one editorial written by a student in our school paper saying that ESL classes and having official documents translated into other languages should be gotten rid of and a waste of resources because English is the first language and should be so for everyone, including hispanic immigrants who hardly ever have time to spend with their families because they're working so many hours and hence have little time to learn a new language like they would want to! I just don't get such a selfishly conservative, this-is-America attitude that yes, via some gross generalzations perhaps, I've come to embrace, but the truth is, I've still come to become friends with many with this attitude regardless. Yes, everyone in Alabama I'm sure has teeth and can do arhthmetic and most of them I'm sure are wonderful people, but I don't see why I need to be told that by you.

Your reasoning is just laughable. Huckabee is not a monster, my friend. Obama, on the other hand, is a typical race baiter propelled by his protector - Oprah. This guy will explode in general election, and I can't believe many adults are buying into his vague platform of 'hope' and 'change'. What has he achieved in his life to run for president? Gosh, this election is becoming an American idol style farce.

What a disaster if this guy with ZERO qualification is even getting close to the white house.

George W. Bush ran on a platform of 'uniter', and 'hope'. This Obama reminds me of every thing wrong with the current political system. He is Jimmy Carter in the making.

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Your reasoning is just laughable. Huckabee is not a monster, my friend. Obama, on the other hand, is a typical race baiter propelled by his protector - Oprah. This guy will explode in general election, and I can't believe many adults are buying into his vague platform of 'hope' and 'change'. What has he achieved in his life to run for president? Gosh, this election is becoming an American idol style farce.

What a disaster if this guy with ZERO qualification is even getting close to the white house.

George W. Bush ran on a platform of 'uniter', and 'hope'. This Obama reminds me of every thing wrong with the current political system. He is Jimmy Carter in the making.

so did you like George W? This isn't a rhetorical question. Just curious.

netnuts

Match Penalty
so did you like George W? This isn't a rhetorical question. Just curious.

I want to scream at George W. He first ran on a vague platform of 'uniter' & 'change', the mainstream media was very guilty in selling his 'warm' and 'likeable' myth to us, and eventually helped him to edge out a much more qualified Al Gore who's derided as 'boring'...

The same thing is happening here to Obama. He is running a similar on an empty flatform. He can't debate, he stammers in every interview with hard question. All he has is so-called 'likeability', 'some flowery speech read from teleprompter'. :bow:

What a disaster in the making. I'd prefer Huckabee to this guy in a heartbeat. At least Huckabee achieved a lot as a governor, his record was actually pretty impressive.

:rock:

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I want to scream at George W. He first ran on a vague platform of 'uniter' & 'change', the mainstream media was very guilty in selling his 'warm' and 'likeable' myth to us, and eventually helped him to edge out a much more qualified Al Gore who's derided as 'boring'...

The same thing is happening here to Obama. He is running a similar on an empty flatform. He can't debate, he stammers in every interview with hard question. All he has is so-called 'likeability', 'some flowery speech read from teleprompter'. :bow:

What a disaster in the making. I'd prefer Huckabee to this guy in a heartbeat. At least Huckabee achieved a lot as a governor, his record was actually pretty impressive.

:rock:

Well I'm actually not that huge a fan of Obama anyway. I would probably vote for Clinton, but the basic truth is I would still vote for a bad democrat over a brilliant republican. Just 'cause. I know Huckabee's not a monster! He seemed like a pretty charming guy from what I've seen of him....but oh well, maybe I'll just stick to my ice dance threads. We'll see what happens I guess.

Last edited: