Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carb Counting

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Hi Cinderella and Grgranny!

Granny, I tried the first link again. I had no problem. Maybe you could try again? Or just point your search engine to the Am Diabetes assn (or is that org?). Since this is the biggest US organization for diabetes, the visit could be woth it.

Hope your daughter's latest treatments help her. She's had such a struggle with her health.

Cinderella, unfortunately, I am all too familiar with those dwarfy relatives! Fortunately, none of them are visiting me currently! With any luck, they'll stay away!!!

Found another website today:

http://www.eatright.org/Public/Nutri...rmation/92.cfm

I'm going back to it to explore some more.

On an up note: today was a good day for exercise and calories. I walked about 3 miles and swam for 30 minutes (not really FAST or vigorous. I figure just paddling around continuously is good enough.). I also managed to keep the calorie count to 1500. Good day all-around for me!

Jo, thanks, I tried it again and got it. Don't know what I'm going to do about this computer. Keeps freezing up. Had it to the shop and they couldn't find the problem. My contract is up in Nov. Sure glad my husband had bought a 5 year contract!!!!

Tripping on the Podium

Food and labels

Ladskater, I hope that you never develop food allergies. I am allergic to Corn, Wheat, lettice, cabbage, onions, pepers, asprin,
    beef, apples, grapes, bananas, spices and a few other things.
    Form 95 to 98% of things in a grocery store I can not eat. For crabbs and many other things I could eat the meat, but not the breading on it. It helps me stay thin though.

MinnMan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Hi MinnMan,

YUCK!!!!!! All those food allergies will keep you thin, but I bet it is a real hassle planning meals. I'm thankful I don't have to cope with that problem. You definitely have my sympathy, even if you don't get much from others. I bet the line about keeping you thin has been said to you ad naseum.

In my continuing struggle, I want to thank Lee for that link to fitday. I signed up and have started using it for my food and exercise diary. I am also exploring the weight watchers web site. Since you can sign up for the web site without joing WW and paying fees, I joined and will see what they have to offer. They say they have recipes and forums etc. We'll see how useful it is. Here's the link if anyone else wants to check it out.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

I was having a good day for exercise, but staying on the diet plan is hard today. Oh well, if it was easy, nobody would need to lose weight!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Carb Counting

The whole aim of the Diabetic diet is to eat a balanced diet. When I was married my husband (who is a type 1 or juvenille diabetic) was told to cut down on fats and not to eat too much protein. It is not good for the kidneys.

Now it seems the emphasis is on carb counting. Still one needs to be balanced. I think part of my weight problem stems from eating too much carbs and not exercising enough. I do try to maintain a balanced diet. I don't believe in just eating one type of food.

I am going to cut down on eating bread, rice and potatoes and see how that goes.

Any kind of dieting is a pain!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2