Brian Wright died on Tuesday (7/29) | Golden Skate

Brian Wright died on Tuesday (7/29)

skatingfan5

On the Ice
After a very long and courageous fight, skating choreographer Brian Wright finally succumbed to the complications of AIDS. :( Christine Brennan has written a very touching article for USAToday. I can remember many people over the past four or five years posting "I thought he had died" -- and now, sadly, he has. RIP, Brian. Your talent, humor, and spirit are a loss to the skating community.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
A sad day, but it sounds like Brian Wright should be admired. Not only did he contribute greatly to the world of figure skating, but he fought an awful disease with courage and lived his life to the fullest. There are a lot of people out there who cannot say that.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
That was a touching article. My sympathys to his family and friends. 42

Kasey

Medalist
How very sad, always, when anyone dies so young. He created some beauty in the programs he helped with, and his talent will always be remembered.

L

ladybugii

That was a really nice article but also very sad. My sympathy is with his family and friends.

S

SkateFan4Life

Thank you for posting that lovely tribute to Brian Wright. I remember him at the 1993 US Nationals, when Scott Davis won his first of two National titles with the "West Side Story" long program that Brian Wright had choreographed. Brian looked well then, despite the fact that he was then HIV-positive.

I can't remember exactly when I saw Brian last on television, but it was obvious that he was fighting a battle, healthwise.

He has left many wonderful memories and programs for us to remember. Rest in peace, Brian, and thank you for bringing so much of your heart and soul into the sport of figure skating.

heyang

Record Breaker
Seems as though he was a beautiful human being who lived life to its fullest. So much would have been lost of if he had chosen to close himself off during his 17 year illness.

I remember the featurette ABC did the year Weiss won US Nat's. I think it was the year he skated Beethoven. If I recall correctly, that was the last year that I was impressed by Mike's skating.

Thanks for posting the article.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Once again...if it had not been for this board, I would have not idea what is going on in the world...thanks for sharing this...what a sad last week that we have had...what a sad time for the skating community.