Grgranny's hurt arm | Golden Skate

Grgranny's hurt arm

Grgranny's Baby

Rinkside
Well, I woke up this morning to the sound of my mother falling in the kitchen. She lost her balance trying to answer the phone. I had to call the ambulance because we were practically sure she had broken her arm and she was on the floor. I am too dizzy to drive, so I called the neighbor to take me to the hospital while Mom rode in the ambulance. Fortunately, no fracture showed up on the x-rays. But it is hurting VERY badly, even with pain pills. I am trying my best to help her. They put a splint and sling on it and she is going to the doctor on Monday. Of course, she is right-handed and it is her right arm! She is sore all over now.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. I will copy the messages and show them to her.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, I'm pulling for both of you! Take care, and a speedy recovery! :yes:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Grgranny, I hope the pain goes away. I have you in my thoughts & prayers. Get well soon, we need you here. :clap: :clap:

Dee

I've been away from the forums what with all the Holiday stuff so am late reading this...I hope by now GrGranny is feeling better!
booboo.jpg

laceup

On the Ice
I hope Grgranny had a restful night and is feeling better today. Nice flowers, NJSk8Fan !!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Here's a virtual get well bear for GrGranny:

vtbear_1979_19749110

Of course, it's her arm not her leg, but that option while available wasn't pictured.

megsk8z

On the Ice
Please add me to the list of people praying for GrGranny. I can't really say that I know her, but she has great style. I'm only megsk8z, but please tell her that lots of us are rooting for her arm to get better.

laceup

On the Ice
How's Grgranny making out? Hope the doctor's report is good and she is making a speedy recovery!!!

Grgranny's Baby

Rinkside
She is doing better. The doctor said to go back next week and get x-rays again. Sometimes fractures don't show up on an x-ray until then. We really are not sure it is not broken. It still hurts her a lot, but she is getting along better. She managed to drive to a meeting today (it's kind of akward to do the gear shift with your left hand). Her arm is deep purple all the way up! Thanks everyone for your prayers. We really appreciate it. :love: