How'd you find Golden Skate? | Golden Skate

How'd you find Golden Skate?

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
How did everyone find Golden Skate? The new forum has been around for about a week now, and it seems as though there are a lot of new folks here. I think it's wonderful - new opinions/ideas are great - but how did it happen so quickly? Why didn't you post on the ezboard version of Golden Skate? Just curious.

2loop2002

Rinkside
Well, I've been reading the Golden Skate since it was at the old about.com page. (How many years ago was that now?:) ). So, there are some people's thoughts that I've been reading for along time now. I didn't actually register until the old ezboard, because you had to be registered to be able to mark forums read. I was too lazy to click on each forum to decide whether anything had been posted since the last time I visited. I finally started posting about 6 months ago, because the "Word Association" thread was a lot of fun. Now I'm past the 50 post mark and have even chosen an avatar! :D I mostly lurk but post upon occassion!

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
I found Golden Skate, originally because of the Newsletter and Contests. I am an avid reader of the articles and newsletters, but I am an active messageboard poster. I didn't post on the GS ezboard very much, but I checked in for new news, and posted updates about my fav skaters sometimes. I recieved an email that this new forum was being started, and I decided to join and post around. Usually during the school year I am very busy with my classes. I hardly find time to watch my own board, let alone post. But right now, since I have the extra time, I am enjoying the privalige of checking out other forums. I hope that I can manage time once classes begin tho, becase I am having fun!

heyang

Record Breaker
I started at the old about.com board. I found it just before Paula moved to ezboard. I don't recall my 1st post, but it's been fun ever since.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I too started at the old about.com website, and then followed Paula over to the original Golden Skate site..........42

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I also started at about.com (although, mostly as a lurker). It seemed as though most people from about.com went to the ezboard. People have come and gone since then; however, it seems like there are already a lot of new people on this board. The fact that it happened so quickly surprised me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but I was just wondering how it happened so quickly? Where were they before? Maybe I'm making things up;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well... as far as this one goes... I'm a mod... so I've known of this for a while LOL

as for finding it to begin with... I have no memory how it happened LOL

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Actually, it was called About.com figure skating when I stumbled onto it. It was merely by accident. I was looking up sites about my favorite sport of figure skating when I saw this site that featured articles about the fs world and then I started to read the posts - just out of curiosity. I registered to answer a question about a piece of music Michelle Kwan was skating to at the time and I ended up hanging around. I had intended to "bow out" at some point, but here I am still!

JOHIO2

Medalist
I'm another one who found the about site and have hung around ever since.

Reason? Because the Golden Skate posters are the nicest and the site least acrimonious and least biased. Makes reading the posts much more enjoyable without name calling and continuous harping for or against certain skaters. We can all benefit from that. Thank you, Paula!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I also started on the old About forum. I remember the first post was something about remembering when Sonja Heine won her 2nd Olympic Gold and the first one to answer was Rgirl (Bladely then). I see she hasn't joined here yet. I hope she's ok. Sure miss her. I had lurked for a while before that.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I started posting around March 02. It was after the Olympics and I lurked at GS for a while and thought there were some really good topics. I also wanted to learn more about skating and I have from this board. I didn't want to join a board that was filled with immature babbling. I joined GS and have been here ever since and love it.

Dee

J

Jané

I kinda lurked at the ezboard for a while before I actually started posting. I think I found the ezboard because of Toni. Either that or I found it from a search thing on there.

Janelle

JOHIO2

Medalist
Welcome Janelle. That is so cool that Toni gets some credit for getting you here. Take a bow, Toni!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I was searching the web for figure skating and came across the About.com site. I only lurked there and then join the ezboard forum. Been here ever since:)