Lysacek press conference today... what do you want to know? | Golden Skate

Lysacek press conference today... what do you want to know?

EWalker

On the Ice
Look for notes from the press conference soon. Evan was very positive and seems to be ready to compete.

Last edited:

merrybari

Final Flight
Look for notes from the press conference soon. Evan was very positive and seems to be ready to compete.

This is good news - where did it take place?

Was this televised or recorded somewhere? Eager to hear report. Thanks.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
yes!!tell us everything! did he mention the quad? Where was this LA? I hope so. He needs to get back to frank and training. How do his programs feel? is he healthy?

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
You can hear it on icenetwork. (um, ok that network that starts with the word for the cold things you put to cool drinks) The link is on the home page under his rotating pic from the today show.

Yes, he mentions the quad over and over again...He sounded very healthy, but also very bored or maybe he was just tired. They asked a few very interesting questions about his views on CoP that I think are worth hearing (at least I hope the ISU hears them).

btw, Johnny's press conference is tomorrow.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I too have listened to. And I don't know how to express what I feel. There isn't a right smiley here, for that.

merrybari

Final Flight
Thoroughly enjoyed hearing Evan's point of view - very articulate and insightful - and candid. A very fine representative of his sport - on and off the ice. Kudos!

taylorfax

On the Ice
I love how he doesn't answer the questions, really, just repeats his shtick.:laugh:
tehehe I know. He just completely went off-topic on some things there.
Also, I'm sure the 'mind your own business' thing works well in theory. ;)

At least he sounded intelligent. :) Even if I do find his viewpoints boring.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Joe, I will definitely pay more attention to Rohene, but the only time I watched him at 2006 Nationals, I think ABC put a bet on him for skating well, but his disaster FS disappointed me. Where was he in 2007? He must have been transformed this year if you are so eager about him.

EWalker, thank you so much for your article. I love it!

I must say again that I admire Evan's competitive spirit very much! He is right about the mind set for competitions and he is in the right direction. It's funny that if you want to win, you got to focus on each point earning element to maxiumize the points. Thanks to CoP!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
None of this matters. Watch Rohene take the Men's event and we will all just forget about the rivalry.

Joe

From your mouth to the skate gods' ears,Joe!
:bow::bow::bow:
I'd love to see Evan, Johnny and Rohene on the podium - in any order.
Can't wait!
xoxo
Rave

merrybari

Final Flight
Joe, I will definitely pay more attention to Rohene, but the only time I watched him at 2006 Nationals, I think ABC put a bet on him for skating well, but his disaster FS disappointed me. Where was he in 2007? He must have been transformed this year if you are so eager about him.

EWalker, thank you so much for your article. I love it!

I must say again that I admire Evan's competitive spirit very much! He is right about the mind set for competitions and he is in the right direction. It's funny that if you want to win, you got to focus on each point earning element to maxiumize the points. Thanks to CoP!

I'm with you all the way on this one. Well said!

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Joe,

Let's hope you are right! There is nothing more I would love to see, than Rohene kick butt and take names on his way to dethroning both Evan and Johnny! It would go along way towards quieting the constant bickering and crap talk among the Weir - Lysacek camps! Boy, wouldn't that be a refreshing change. :rofl:

Go Rohene!

Joe,

Let's hope you are right! There is nothing more I would love to see, than Rohene kick butt and take names on his way to dethroning both Evan and Johnny! It would go along way towards quieting the constant bickering and crap talk among the Weir - Lysacek camps! Boy, wouldn't that be a refreshing change. :rofl:

Go Rohene!
I know I was not upset the least with Shizuka winning and ending all that rivalry beetween the Kween and the Star.

My feelings about Rohene are simply gut feelings as I had the first time Johnny was 2nd after the SP and before he hit the boards in the LP. I also had for Lambiel when Plushenko wd from the Moscow Worlds.

Now it's time for Rohene.

Joe

jennylovskt

Medalist
Jenny, Rohene was 6th last year at Mids.

Thanks!:)

I did thought about him last year. It was not because that I was impressed by his skating, it was because of ABC's coverage in 2006. I don't like his hair style at all. The first impression was not good, but I'll keep an open mind to see his skating this year.

capcomop

Rinkside
tehehe I know. He just completely went off-topic on some things there.
Also, I'm sure the 'mind your own business' thing works well in theory. ;)

At least he sounded intelligent. :) Even if I do find his viewpoints boring.

Gee and here I thought he was a SKATER! Let him keep his opinions to himself if he wishes. Leaving your energy in the press room never made much sense to me.
I like skaters who put their opinions out on the ice!:rock:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I would love for Rohene to do well in the Nationals. He has the talent and the elements to be a World medalist, let alone National one. As to whether or not this will ever happen is, of course, a whole different story...