European's Zagreb skating order | Golden Skate

European's Zagreb skating order

russell30

Final Flight
If ISU base short program on world standings like they did on the grand prix circuit, these should be the final two groups for both ladies and Mens.

Men's

Penultimate Group

Karel Zelenka
Adrian Schultheiss
Andrei Lutai
Gregor Urbas
Yannick Ponsero
Sergei Voronov (should put pressure on final group)

Final Group

Segei Davydov
Alban Preaubert
Kevin Van Der Perren (bronze last year)
Tomas Verner (silver last year)
Brian Joubert (defending champion as well as world champion)
Stephane Lambiel (recent GPF winner)

Ladies

Penultimate Group

Annette Dytrt (making a comeback)
Sofia Lefuente (1st euros)
Tugba Karadermir
Stefania Berton (1st euros)
Valentina Marchei (1st of the big guns)
Laura Lepisto (1st euros, will she put pressure on final group?? or maybe win SP)

Final Group

Jenni Vahamaa (1st euros)
Elene Gedevanishvili
Kiira Korpi (bronze last year)
Julia Sebestyen (2004 winner)
Sarah Meier (silver last year, rivalry for title with Koster)
Carolina Kostner (defending champion, rivalry for title with Meier)

so that you are not aware, Elena Sokolova now retired, Susanna Poykio did not make team this year due to injury, Elena Glebova injured, Viktoria Pavuk injured, Alisa Drei injured did not go to finnish nationals, Alexandra Ievleva did not make team, Arina Martinova injured, Lina Johansson retired.

C_T_T_

On the Ice
Thanks for putting these lists together. I'm not sure that the order will only be based on rankings. For europeans and worlds last year, since there were so many competitors, they were split in half based on rankings and there was a random draw in the last two groups of the top rankings. (probably didnt explain that well!)
There are 41 entries for Ladies so if they do the same as last year theyll be split into two groups with 20 in the first and 21 in the second. The warm up groups will probably be 5-5-5-5 & 5-5-5-6 with the top 11 going in any order in the last two.
Simillarly for the 35 men. Warm-up groups 5-6-6 & 6-6-6 with the top 12 in the last two.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see!

oleada

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for the lists!
Just a couple of minor corrections - it is Sonia LaFuente, not Sofia, and Alissa Drei has officially announced her retirement.

I hope the order doesn't affect Lepistö's components too much. She got a 5 something at NHK for Skating Skills which was absolutely criminal.

ssdiva

Spectator
European Championships

Hi,
Does anyone know what has happened to the Russian Pair Obertas and Slavnov
They don't seemed to have skated this year. Dissapointed they're not at Europeans.

kikakiks

On the Ice
Interesting choice for starting orders at europeans.
it is just a random general draw, and not even a draw within warm up groups....
Let's see what the result is....
I fear this arrangement will cause lack of comparison, especially among the top teams, leaving even more space to the judges to play with the marks....

Edit:
the total random draw is just for dance and couples.
for men and women, the random draw will be divided in two groups created according to world rankings. I think this is due to television networks not wanting to broadcast the whole short program.

Last edited: