Disaster! | Golden Skate

Disaster!

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Hi all,
I haven't been here in a long while, but most of you know my partner Damon (Sk8addict). He became ill with bacterial meningitis on 12/30 and has been slowly recovering. Considering he spent about 6 days in a drug-induced coma, he's doing well. However, we've had to cancel our trip to nationals (selling tickets- see For Sale forum). We're both bummed, but especially sk8addict. Please keep him in your thoughts, and those of you going, give some extra cheers for Caroline and Bebe.

Thanks,
Jeff

georgia

On the Ice
Hi all,
I haven't been here in a long while, but most of you know my partner Damon (Sk8addict). He became ill with bacterial meningitis on 12/30 and has been slowly recovering. Considering he spent about 6 days in a drug-induced coma, he's doing well. However, we've had to cancel our trip to nationals (selling tickets- see For Sale forum). We're both bummed, but especially sk8addict. Please keep him in your thoughts, and those of you going, give some extra cheers for Caroline and Bebe.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hope he feels better. I will keep you in my prayers.
I have my ticket but I am looking for a room. Do you have any?

What horrible news. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Best wishes for our GS friend Sk8adict.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So sorry to hear that! I was looking forward to pestering you guys again! Nationals won't be the same!!!! *hugs to you both* keep us updated on how he's doing!

emma

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry to hear this - my deepest wishes for a very speedy and complete recovery Sk8adict and for peace of mind/heart and likely much needed rest for Sk8fanconvert!!!!

I'm really sorry that you will miss nationals live, here's hoping you will be able to attend (if you wish) next year.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I am sooooo sorry to hear the news :frown: I wish Damon a speedy recovery. I also wish you some peace of mind since Im sure this has taken it toll on you as well. Both of you please take care and we wish you a wonderful year and hope to see both of you on here soon, recovered and well rested.

And although I will already be rooting for Caroline & Bebe, I will cheer extra hard for you guys:clap::rock: Take care and keep in touch:biggrin:

Sincerely,
Shannon:biggrin:

sk8addict

On the Ice
It's me

Hi, this is sk8addict (Damon) thanks to you all for your prayers and wishes. Our tickets are no longer for sale. Today I mailed then to Rohene Ward for his family and friends to use. It will be alot easier watching on television and seeing these people in my seats than seeing some stranger who got a really good deal at my expence. By giving these tickets away I have found some pease in the fact that I just physically could not go. I will have a smile on my face when the camera is on this section. I'm hoping by bringing Rohene's family and friends so close to the ice that they can calm him and this will be his year....so please cheer for Rohene for me as well as Caroline and BeBE. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Hi, this is sk8addict (Damon) thanks to you all for your prayers and wishes. Our tickets are no longer for sale. Today I mailed then to Rohene Ward for his family and friends to use. It will be alot easier watching on television and seeing these people in my seats than seeing some stranger who got a really good deal at my expence. By giving these tickets away I have found some pease in the fact that I just physically could not go. I will have a smile on my face when the camera is on this section. I'm hoping by bringing Rohene's family and friends so close to the ice that they can calm him and this will be his year....so please cheer for Rohene for me as well as Caroline and BeBE. :)

I just read this thread and I was going to post a get well wish for you and
here I see you have posted. I hope you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. Giving your tickets to Rohene's family and friends was a very generous act and good for the soul. I will not be at Nationals but will be cheering at home for Rohene (always been a fan of his) and of course Caroline and Bebe.

I hope that Bebe medals this year.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled plans and I hope you get well soon Damon! We will miss you both in St. Paul. :cry:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Get well soon

Hi Damon - Hope you are feeling much better soon :yes: It was very generous of you to donate your tickets to Rohene's family. He is amazing and I will cheer extra for him on your behalf.

Thanks for the info you passed along over the last few months.

Hope to see you next year in Cleveland.

Maureen

merrybari

Final Flight

What a kindhearted, generous thing to do!! I'm sure a peaceful heart will speed your recovery. I've not seen Rohene skate but will surely be watching now. He has a very special fan in you.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well Rohene seems to be very popular. I don't know much about his so I hope that NBC will be showing him!!

sk8addict

On the Ice
Rohene

What a kindhearted, generous thing to do!! I'm sure a peaceful heart will speed your recovery. I've not seen Rohene skate but will surely be watching now. He has a very special fan in you.

You can see Rohene at roheneward.net enjoy:clap::clap::clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rohene was shown during last years (?) or the year before's nationals... I Want to say it was 06... ABC exploited his story IMHO....

sk8addict

On the Ice

Rohene was shown during last years (?) or the year before's nationals... I Want to say it was 06... ABC exploited his story IMHO....

It was in St Louis. 2006 They didn't even give his Mother good seats.
I have to admit, It is what gave me the idea of giving them our tickets. Hope this is a much better year for all of them.