Articles: Bourne & Kraatz | Golden Skate

Articles: Bourne & Kraatz

I would LOVE to see them skating together again, even if just for shows. Shae-Lynn and Viktor were always a favorite of mine.

discoduck

On the Ice
I read both those articles earlier today. I am so glad that they're on good terms again. I would really love to see them skate again but just knowing that they seem to have put the hard feelings behind them makes me happy. :)

tripleflip

Spectator
If they do start to skate again, that chair that Shae-Lynn used in the recent NBC show 'Skate from the Heart' will be out of a job! Seriously, ice dancers perhaps have it tougher to adapt to 'singles' more than pair skaters (Katya Gordeeva being an excellent example of pair-to-singles skating - and some of her jumps are better than some younger skaters'!) Looking forward to seeing them again...:clap:

fenway

On the Ice
Glad to know they're on speaking terms again but that article in the Star was a little...I dunno...odd?

"and this in a sport where copulation is common for heterosexual tandems"

It all sounds so clinical :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Glad to know they're on speaking terms again but that article in the Star was a little...I dunno...odd?

"and this in a sport where copulation is common for heterosexual tandems"

It all sounds so clinical :laugh:

How about the reference in the article to Shae Lynn's ex husband Morozov "Svengali" and notorius "Lothario".

Last edited:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
IMO, Shae-Lynn is doing an excellent job in her new solo career - she is NOT doing "singles", but rather is the world's first and only solo ice dancer! She skates without doing jumps, because she never trained as a singles skater. I think the choreography she is doing makes jumps completely unnecessary. So, I don't particularly miss the Bourne-Kraatz TEAM at all.

cotillion

Rinkside
Didn't Shae skate pairs whan she was really young? And she can jump a little, at both shows I've seen her at she has done small axle jumps with the group programs. You know, she can skate circles around everyone,it is such a shame she couldn't find another partner to continue with, I really don't think there is another dancer as strong as Shae, Albena would be the closest IMO. Am glad to see them bury the hatchet though, watching them at the gala was a real treat, and kind of sad though , makes me wish for the good ole days of bad scoring and bad politiks just so I could see them skate, how selfish of me !!:biggrin:

merrybari

Final Flight
I've been fortunate to see her live in several COI performances and she's always a joy to watch. Very unique and innovative. She sure does keep fit - and busy.

With all her tour and show skating it occurs to me to marvel that she can find time to coach too. As I say one busy lady!

laceup

On the Ice
It was interesting to see them side by side at the boards at Canadian Nationals as coaches. Shae's team came second and Victor's team came third in Senior Dance. Looks like they both have a great career started in coaching.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
They were definitly my favorite pair of ice dancers. I really regret they didn't keep on competing!