Who is coaching Angela Nikodinov now? | Golden Skate

Who is coaching Angela Nikodinov now?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Frank Carrol has been since a couple months after her coach died

icenut84

Final Flight
I poster at SkatingForums actually said she's been working with Oksana Grishuk lately.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If it was esta, who posted the same at fsuniverse, she seems to have her tongue firmly in her cheek most times?

dpp

icenut84

Final Flight
I don't think it was esta on SF - at least not the same screen name anyway. The person who posted on SF sounds like he/she skates at the same rink.

S

SkateFan4Life

As much as I admire Angela's skating, I think the her opportunity to achieve greatness in the eligible level has passed her by. She will not make another US World team unless there are many absences and/or injuries and/or disastrous performances from the pool of Kwan, Cohen, Kirk, McDonough, etc. There are so many talented American women, and with Angela's unfortunate habit of making major mistakes in her programs, she's going to have a very, very difficult time rising to the top. It's sad, because she has absolutely gorgeous jumping technique and a glorious layback spin.

:(

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
After Maria B. or Elena S. or Rudi G's late in career successes, I would never rule any skater out.

dpp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
DORISPULASKI said:
After Maria B. or Elena S. or Rudi G's late in career successes, I would never rule any skater out.

dpp

AMEN!

someone on the Jamie and David board who used to skate with Angela is looking into the rumor... so far she says it sounds like she's just working with Pasha on choreography...

lavender

Record Breaker
Yep, it's not over until she retires. She could come out and have one awesome win like Sarah did.

dizzydi

On the Ice
lavendar,

You are right about your statement that anything can happen. Surprising things have happened in the past and can happen again. One name comes to mind...............

Sarah Hughes.....who could have predicted her come from behind victory at the Olympics!

I believe Angela could do it! Angela has only herself to battle, however. The perfectionist in her gives up the minute she makes a mistake. If she does that this year, she might as well pack up her skates and go skate for Disney on Ice.

Dizzy

NanSinger2

On the Ice
You know, I've often wondered what the skaters think about the deep womens field. There were a couple of years there where no one could touch Michelle, and you knew if she was entered, she would win. Suddenly, we have this major talent pool. It must be frustrating for the skaters to some degree. We really are blessed to have such talent.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Angela Nikodinov

Thanks for Angela Nikodinov's website address! I also wish the best for her!

Kwanisqueen81

Rinkside
Angela rulez!!!

Angela has all the talent to be in the hunt for a spot on the world team if she keeps her head together. Her 2001 nats skate was wonderful but she needs to return to that form to have a chance aginst the super deep field that will be at nats. She needs to put together 2 back-to-back clean programs. Plus Angela has to quality for nats this year sooo...we'll see.

I hope she skates Wonderfully. DON'T COUNT OUT ANGELA!:love:

EricAba

Rinkside

I agree with Doris on this one.

Let's hope that Angela can get over her competitive demons and show us her best. She seems to embody the term "ethereal" more that any other skater I've seen. And if Jennifer Don can win the Nebelhorn Trophy with strong basic skating skills and presentation, and just TWO triple jumps, then just maybe there's hope for Angela under the CoP, provided she gets to compete more internationally. The biggest test for her will be here in the U.S.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
If the USFSA were going to use CoP, then I'd say Nikodinov has a chance even if she doesn't skate a completely clean program, because what she does well could easily qualify for +2/+3 scores (3 Lutz, spins, spirals) and her program elements are among the best. Because the International judges have loved her skating and have given her high marks everywhere they could, and she's been unable to capitalize on it, I don't think the USFSA will let her win on her own. I think everyone but Cohen and Kwan will have to have a meltdown, with Cohen missing a few elements, and Nikodinov ending up 2nd in the LP. They can easily mire her in 6th after the SP, no matter how close it is.

What a shame. I saw her in Skate the Nation in the past year, and you could see her superior skating skills and musicality, especially in the group numbers.

Dave Amorde

Rinkside
Angela does not have a permanent coach right now. She is working with one in particular at the moment, but that coach is not yet ready to be declared "coach of record". :)

I sat with Angela last week at Goldenwest. She looked absolutely gorgeous, is healthy and in good spirits, and I hope she kicks some serious butt this year. I strongly suspect that CoP will be very good to her, as I have always felt that she is one of the best pure technicians out there.

rtureck

Final Flight
Dave Amorde said:
Angela does not have a permanent coach right now. She is working with one in particular at the moment, but that coach is not yet ready to be declared "coach of record". :)

Come on Dave, you can spill the beans ;)

I sat with Angela last week at Goldenwest. She looked absolutely gorgeous, is healthy and in good spirits, and I hope she kicks some serious butt this year. I strongly suspect that CoP will be very good to her, as I have always felt that she is one of the best pure technicians out there.

ITA