Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Another reason?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have a tape from maybe two or three Ice Wars (those where Ilia Kulik participated). The latest one, "USA vs. World" team competition, is from fall 2002. In an earlier one Katia and Ilia were a team, I´m not sure if they were a team actually in two Ice Wars competitions? At least in 2000 they were paired as a team.

I think there will be Ice Wars in this fall as well, maybe again the version "USA vs. World" team competition (it has been this version the last two years). CBS is the TV network which showed the competition in fall 2002 (and maybe earlier as well). Isn´t that a common network in USA? Actually I remember reading that Ice Wars gets bigger ratings than the eligible Worlds competition...

Marjaana

P.S. Joesitz, this is an excellent website to bookmark and to visit often, if one does not wish to miss any of the skating shown on US TV networks:

http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm

Last edited:

singerskates

On the Ice
I think it would be neat to have the pro and still am skaters who are 30+ do their own Grand Prix Series and their own Worlds and then at the end of the season, the top 6 men, ladies, ice dance teams and pair teams from both the 30+ Worlds and the reg Worlds would compete against each other for bragging rights. They could have an ISU short program and a prolike interpretive program and no qualifying event. The top three Gold, Silver and Bronze get to make up a program for the bottem three to exhibition on the spot and they get to skate to what ever their heart desires for the exhibition. That would get all the skaters motivated to win so they wouldn't have to work so hard and risk looking like a fool infront of the crowd with only 30 minutes to learn a new program. Ok, back to your regular program.

Just dreaming things up.