Golden Age of Figure Skating | Golden Skate

Golden Age of Figure Skating

Go USA

Spectator
Remember the names Yamaguchi, Wylie, Hamilton, Kovarikova & Novotny, Usova & Zhulin, Witt, Brasseur & Eisler, Manley, Boitano, and Kadavy? Before Tara beat out Michelle for gold in '98 and when there was skating on tv almost every weekend? Anyway, I absolutely miss this golden age of figure skating and am sure many of you miss it too.

I have most of the American television coverage of all the major amateur and professional events from 1996-2006 in great condition on VHS tapes. These were taped directly from the tv, and are accurately labeled. I was going to just throw out the tapes, but thought someone else might have the same enjoyment that these tapes have brought me. There are over 50 tapes with 6 hours of coverage on each.

Unfortunately, the only year I slacked off on was 1999 when I missed the US Nationals and Worlds that year, and also I missed the 2003 US Nationals, but have the Worlds covered. There are a few pro competitions and smaller amateur events missed here and there, but after about 2000 I concentrated on the majors (US Nationals, Worlds, and Olympics). Other than that, most everything is here. My favorite is ICE WARS....by the way, what happened to ICE WARS this year?? But I do have all of the American television coverage of the Olympic figure skating events from 1998, 2002, and 2006!!

I was going to put them up on ebay, but wanted to see if anyone is interested in them first. If you are willing to pay I am willing to ship, and if you are local to southern CA you can come pick them up.

Email or reply to this post with any questions.

Thanks,

[email protected]