Angelic/Demonic Lessons & Practices August 3-9 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Angelic/Demonic Lessons & Practices August 3-9

sk8er1964

On the Ice
The little kid had lesson #2 today and loved it again :D . It was only him, our coach and me on the ice, which was very nice. Didn't get a whole lot done after his lesson, because we were having too much fun messing around --- but that's ok!

Lanie

On the Ice
Angelic - Both forward scratch and back scratch have arrived. Still sometimes wobbly, but I get super speed on the forward. Sit spin is doing well.

Demonic - The jumps said goodbye today, mostly, but that's alright. I'm having trouble with the salchow; it just does NOT want to cooperate and be a nice single sal, only a half. Grr!

singerskates

On the Ice
Lanie said:
I hope to compete in AN when I'm 25...eight years away, haha. I think I can do open USFSA competition when I get ready to, though; I heard for up to open pre-juvenile you're 19 or younger. I think I'll be at that level.

Angelic - Today was a breakthrough day. We worked on the mohawks into the waltz, and I really went through it slowly and deliberately...and it was GREAT! My coach told me I was graceful and smooth, and my speed was even better when I didn't rush through it. Today was Harness Day(tm). I did some nice loops in the harness. :) The salchow = problem still, but, hey, today was a breakthrough... I need to learn to check out better from that jump. I tend to lean and that's what makes me fall. I figured out my mohawk problem... I tend to step BEHIND rather than IN FRONT of my other skate, and it's pretty much corrected. I went in a straight line, now I'm more curved and it's a lot smoother. Basically now I'm taking everything one step at a time, a lot more slowly, cautiously, and therefore A LOT BETTER! Sit spin progress is getting there...next is forward scratch, which looks scary and hard. I think today was one of the best days I've had ever!!!

Demonic - Nothing, for once! *dances around*

You get to use a harness for your single jumps below an axel? My club won't let me us a harness until I'm ready to try an axel.

Brigitte