The Comeback Kid | Golden Skate

The Comeback Kid

THE COMEBACK KID

• YAGS (It's been a while? Does he stlll have it?)

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • ANGELA (C'mon, hon, PLEASE get it together!)

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • JOHNNY W. (Prove to us you're not a weenie!)

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • CHAIT & SAKHNOVSKY (Get some decent coaching again!)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • PETROVA & TIKHNOV (Won a World title but they're such snoozers!)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • SARAH HUGHES (Will she return to Nationals?)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • AP McD. (Started last season strong then faded...)

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Which skater is likely to make a comeback this year in amateur competition? (I mean a REAL comeback... someone who will stand on a podium or two, perhaps even atop it!)

Last edited:
I voted for Angela. I hope this isn't just wishful thinking. She has it all, now she just needs, as you say, to get it all together.

About Yagudin, I hope that he takes the full recovery time necessary and does not try to rush back into competition prematurely. I would rather see a healthy Yags for years to come than to see him push too hard for another World Championship this year.

My second choice would have been Chait and Sakhnovsky. With Bourne and Kraatz moving on, this may be the year they can seriously challenge for podium honors.

Mathman

sk8guy2k2

On the Ice
I voted for Angela. I really like her skating and if she puts it all together, she could make the podium.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I voted for P&T just because the pairs scene is so weak. They should be able to get away with their boring technical skating and still do well.

mpal2

Final Flight
I had to go with AP although Angela is first on my wish list and Yagudin is second.

Realistically I worry about Angela's head and Yagudin's hip. :(

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I went with Angela.......come on girl, you can do it.......42

lil_icesk8er915

On the Ice
Hey...

I don't think AP should count as a "comeback". Nationals was close and she placed 4th (which is impressive), and wasn't seen until the International Figure Skating Challenge. I think she skated awesome there, but the judges gave her low marks that the audience booed at, and placed 4th. But that's just in my opinion :)

dewet

Final Flight
Re: Hey...

lil_icesk8er915 said:
I don't think AP should count as a "comeback". Nationals was close and she placed 4th (which is impressive), and wasn't seen until the International Figure Skating Challenge. I think she skated awesome there, but the judges gave her low marks that the audience booed at, and placed 4th. But that's just in my opinion :)
She skated at Four Continents, where she placed fourth, behind Fumie Suguri, Shizuka Arakawa, and Yukari Nakano. It wasn't televised, but she didn't skate well.

windspirit

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Which skater is likely to make a comeback this year in amateur competition? (I mean a REAL comeback... someone who will stand on a podium or two, perhaps even atop it!)
That was easy. ;) Yags all the way (if his body allows it, he'll be there, I mean, on the podium, hopefully on the top of it. :p )

mike79

On the Ice
I voted for Yags because I think he has the best chance at a strong comeback.

I'd really like to see Angela come back and prove to the world how good she is.