The Comeback Kid | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Comeback Kid

THE COMEBACK KID

• YAGS (It's been a while? Does he stlll have it?)

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • ANGELA (C'mon, hon, PLEASE get it together!)

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • JOHNNY W. (Prove to us you're not a weenie!)

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • CHAIT & SAKHNOVSKY (Get some decent coaching again!)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • PETROVA & TIKHNOV (Won a World title but they're such snoozers!)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • SARAH HUGHES (Will she return to Nationals?)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • AP McD. (Started last season strong then faded...)

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YAGS (It's been a while? Does he stlll have it
If this is referring to Alexei, he never lost it. I still don't understand how you get Yags out of Yagudin. Just puzzles me!!

Dee

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Angela´s comeback, because her goal surely is to compete in the US Nationals and to participate at Worlds?

About Yagsudin, isn´t he only aiming for Grand Prix events and participating in SOI tour for the rest of the season? That is the impression I have gotten, but maybe I´m wrong.

I really would like to see Weir back, because he has a great style. But will he do it, somehow I have a bit doubts.

- AP McD, I don´t think having seen her skating ever
- Chait & Sakhnovsky, I liked what I saw in past season and am looking forward to their skating and hoping that they will go up in the results
- Hughes, she isn´t even competing this season, is she?
- Petrova & Tikhonov, I hope to see them competing this season, but will they be able to compete for Worlds gold? I don´t know.

Marjaana

Last edited:

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
I don't know if AP can be considered a comback, but I really do hope she skates really well this season! I am so excited to see what she can do! :) I know she has a lot of talent! :)

Sweetie

Rinkside
I think Angela still has what it takes to be among the best in the world... her time to shine just hasn't come yet, but it will...

lil lion 816

Rinkside
Angela!
I want very much to see this skater not only come back, but break through to the next level that I *know* she's capable of...:)

singerskates

On the Ice
What about the comeback man? Elvis Stojko. Ok, he's out for a loop right now with a virus and had to pull out at Summer Skate. but he's coming back.

curious

Final Flight
Yags even though he is not my fave I would love to see him compete again especially against Plush. The season was great but a little boring without Yags.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Re: Hey...

lil_icesk8er915 said:
I don't think AP should count as a "comeback".
ITA. This was her first serious full season in the seniors, and I think she did VERY well. The only thing that truly marred her year was that whole visa thing.

I also think Johnny can definitely come back.

merfsk8s

Rinkside
Anne Patrice - though it isn't really a comeback - not like Elvis's or Yagudin's.

Anne Patrice is an incredibly promising skater - as long as she's really skating for herself. I've suspected for a while that her mother is a too intrusive in AP's life and skating and wondered if AP is really skating for herself or her mother. If it is for her Mother - she'll never make it. It has to come from inside herself.

The idea of seeing Yagudin compete again is thrilling, though! I get chills at the anticipation of it. He is truly great. And, it would be nice to see a Russian man win the gold medal and then not fade away into the Pro world - never to be heard from again. (Wouldn't it be nice to see a US ladies champion do the same thing for once, also?!)

curious

Final Flight
We have to golden russian men winning gold medals for the past 5 years. Is after all the Plush/Yags era:D

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I voted AP McD. I really think that she has a bright future. In fact, the future may be today, a lot of good things happened last season.

YAGS : It sounds way to serious an injury and since he has it all already, motivation may be lacking.
ANGELA : She alread had one comeback. How many does a skater get. I have a bad feeling.
JOHNNY W. : The male Sasha. I'll believe it when I see it.
CHAIT & SAKHNOVSKY: IMO were darn lucky to ever get on that podium in the first place. I think that we've seen the last of them.
PETROVA & TIKHNOV : I don't think they even deserved the win they had. B&S were out and S&Z made mistakes. Now they have T&M to overtake. It will never happen for them again.
SARAH HUGHES : I think that we've seen the last of her.

Just my gut feelings.

flutzilla

Rinkside
I wish I could have voted for more than one!

That was a hard decision...I would love to see both AP and Angela win medals at Nationals next year, and based on how terrific his SP was at 2003 Nationals, I also would really like to see Johnny make the podium in Atlanta and the World team this coming year.