Why I Still Love Jeff's Skating | Golden Skate

Why I Still Love Jeff's Skating

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
He may not have mastered the quad, but for me Jeff is still one of the most artistic male skaters on the planet. He captivates me and draws me in when he skates. He is at one with the music. His line and carriage are beautiful to watch and his footwork and edges are just magnificent. He flows effortlesly from one element to the next and never loses the beat of the music.

Like Toller Cranston - who never won a world title or Olympic gold, but was named "the skater of the century" but left an indelible mark on figure skating -Jeff too will leave his mark on figure skating.

I loved Jeff's Palliaci program in the Gala skate at the Canadians - it's brilliant.

No matter how things turn out - Thanks Jeff and all the best!!

:clap::clap::clap:

elye

Rinkside
Jeff doesn't need a gold medal, he is pure gold!
His "I pagliacci" at gala is full of beauty, suffering, love, anger and passion.
Tanks Jeffrey!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He may not have mastered the quad, but for me Jeff is still one of the most artistic male skaters on the planet. He captivates me and draws me in when he skates. He is at one with the music. His line and carriage are beautiful to watch and his footwork and edges are just magnificent. He flows effortlesly from one element to the next and never loses the beat of the music.

No matter how things turn out - Thanks Jeff and all the best!!

:clap::clap::clap:

I could care less about quads, and I've felt that way for (seemingly) forever. I love watching Jeff skate for all the reasons you've mentioned. :clap: :clap:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Jeff doesn't need a gold medal, he is pure gold!
His "I pagliacci" at gala is full of beauty, suffering, love, anger and passion.
Tanks Jeffrey!

Yes, and it is also a nod to Toller Cranston who first brought this music to life on the ice. I am sure Toller would be proud of Jeff.

jennylovskt

Medalist
:

I feel the same way.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Somehow the quad seems to be much more important than such a great artistry, but his skating is so beautiful to watch, I just forget about the quad. And I love his smile :) Go Jeff!

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Yes, I love Jeff too. He is just perfect even without quads. Jeff, forget the quad business, focus on landing all the triples cleanly and your artistry.

I do love his LP, "Ararat". I even watched Atom Egoyan's movie of the same title, after Jeff debut his LP in 2007 Nationals. Such a powerful piece of music, movie and the message it conveys. I doubt any other skaters can interpret the music the way Jeff does. This is the skater's program and I hope he brings the program to perfection before he retires it.

addendum

btw, it was heartbreaking for me to watch Jeff's LP at Nationals and him crying at Kiss and Cry, when the marks were out.

Last edited:

aaron

Rinkside
By end of the season I get fed up with most skaters' program but when I watch Jeff's it's like "wow, I didn't know the music had been so good."

Ladskater

Record Breaker
By end of the season I get fed up with most skaters' program but when I watch Jeff's it's like "wow, I didn't know the music had been so good."

Yes, and rewatching his programs on video and YouTube is a real treat! I always see more detail that I may have missed the first time everytime I watch one of his programs. Jeff's programs should be required viewing for the new skaters on the horizon because he is a "skaters skater."

stevlin

On the Ice
Jeff Buttle

I think Jeffrey Buttle is the most beautiful skater ever. When he is skating, my eyes stay on him the entire time, I'm completely mesmerized. His artistry is wonderful, no one can compare to that. Now all he needs is to work more on those darned triplles.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm confused, did he make an announcement that he was retiring? The thread is suggesting as much! :eek:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't think he'd move on until then... just the way people were talking it was like nationals was his last competition or something :eek:

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I love his skating too and feel that the judges do not reward him enough in PCS because he does not have a quad and overmark less artistic quad capable skaters such as Joubert and Lysacek.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering he got the bronze with his fully rotated fall on the quad in 06..... ;) they aren't the only ones up benefit from perks within the system.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I'm confused, did he make an announcement that he was retiring? The thread is suggesting as much! :eek:

I thought Jeff did not get the respect he deserves at the Canadians. It was as though everyone forgot him after Patrick Chan skated. I just want to give credit where credit is due. Jeff earned his spot as Canadian champion and World Silver Champion & Olympic bronze champion. He will always be at the top of my list as one of the most artistic skaters to ever grace the ice.

He plans to leave the competitive scene after the 2010 Olympics. At least as far as I know this is his plan. He will continue to tour with ice shows though. I think Jeff would make a wonderful choreographer.

Last edited:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
^He choreographed Yuna Kim's free skate in 2005 according to the ISU bio pg. It was pretty good.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
^He choreographed Yuna Kim's free skate in 2005 according to the ISU bio pg. It was pretty good.

He also choreographed his own program to "Fix You" by Cold Play. Debbie Wilkes said that Jeff has such a special gift for music and choreography - "only that particular edge will fit to that beat of music."

When I watch Jeff skate, I feel as though I am skating with him. He brings such joy to his skating.

Thanks for your comment.