Brian Joubert´s illness | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert´s illness

evplu

Rinkside
Hello

I do not post often. But I'm really worried about Brian's health.

I found a French article that says that he has problems with his coronary arteries. His mother confirmed a thickening of his coronary arteries.

This sounds relly dangerous for me. Does someone know about his state of health? For any informations, I would thankful.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my, I REALLY hope this is nothing serious. My thoughts are with Brian and I am wishing him well. Hopefully, he will take care of himself and make a full recovery from this illness.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
That's a first I heard about his arteries but Brian has been suffering with virus all season long since Skate Canada

I hope Brian gets well

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The heart issue is very worrying. It's a fact that some viruses that appear flulike attack the heart.

A very fit friend of mine who ran marathons died of a heart attack due to a 'flu' he had which, unknown to him, had damaged his heart.

However, I expect the French team, like the US team, has a team doctor, and he would not have let Brian skate Europeans if his life were in danger from it.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
This is terrible... I'm sending tons of prayers and get well wishes to the sexiest man on skates... And of course, offering my services as a private nurse just in case he needs additional TLC;)

Be well Brian!!!:yes:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
poor Brian. this does not sound good. He should not have competed at Europeans. does anybody know if he is planning on skating at worlds. for his own health, i hope not. get well soon brian!!!!:rock::love:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Maybe he needs to stop eating greasy fried fench food!!

No seriously....hardening of the arteries is not really a very cool thing or a very good thing. I sure hope that he is able to figure out what is wrong and work on getting better.

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I hope that he gets better. However, if I were him, I would take the rest of the season off to recover and come back strong next year.

emma

Record Breaker
It saddens me so much to hear that Brian may have serious health problems - and even if not, that he is clearly still ill (or ill again)...I send him well wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brian looked terrible at Europeans, pale, with dark circles under his eyes. He did not skate well. I am concerned that his insistence on continuing to skate will slow the recovery process from his illness. He might have been better off skipping Euros and just focusing on Worlds, and after that, taking a long rest.

lil lion 816

Rinkside
Hmm, I've read about the virus issue, but this is the first time I've heard anything about problems with the arteries (!). And even though he's young problems with the heart or circulatory system can happen - remember Slutskaya's illness with vasculitis and of course what happened to Sergie Grinkov -

I wish him well - Brian hasn't been himself all season.

evplu

Rinkside
I know that he will start training today.

He wants to compete at worlds. So maybee it is´t so serious, but it could be that he and the french team forget this problems, because his mother sad, he doesen´t get treatment.

And it is true, he looks awful and europeans

calica

Final Flight
In the same article it says that it is not a serious problem and that already it has been an agreement. :agree:
In the Euros, Brian was very pale and thin. The commentators of Eurosport said that he had suffered gastroenteritis one week before:cry:

Hikaru

Final Flight
Poor Brian! My prayers are with him, and I hope he also takes good care of his health.

evplu

Rinkside
I don´t know how dangerous it is, because the arteries are affected.
The article sad that comes from the virus.
It was found out in november. That is a long time.

I´m afraid, because it is the heart. Not knee or someting like that.
But he confirmed at europeans that the virus is gone. I think he has problems to get his old condition.

But you are right, if there is really a seriously risk they wouldn´t train for the worlds.
I hope that he will go to the doctors befor participate at worlds.

The article sad that he will do it.