Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Campbell's International Skating Classic

SkateFan4Life

Campbell's International Skating Classic

The USFSA website has posted an interesting article on the upcoming Campbell's International Figure Skating Classic, scheduled for October 3 in New York City.

Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, and Ann Patrice McDough are the US women's delegation, with Michael Weiss, Timothy Goebel, and Ryan Jahnke forming the US men's contingent.

Alexi Yagudin will be competing as well - great!

Sarah Hughes signed a lucrative contract with Campbell's to be their spokesperson, following her Olympic gold medal victory, but she's not scheduled to compete. Perhaps she'll be on hand to award the medals and/or to make media appearances.

Custom Title
    Sounds like a great lineup--very similar to last years group. Can't wait to see it. Should be a great way to start the season.

Custom Title
    Yippeeeee!

Hey Sk8fan - That link leads me to Reply on GS. Nothing to do with USFSA.

I have tickets so I'll not have to put up with ABC but I will tape it anyway.

It's opening day at Figure Skating Competitions. Huray!! It's a good competition to get the contestants feet wet for the season. It's not exactly fluff but one can't take it seriously.

Joe

On the Ice
    I have tickets too!!! It'll be my first time going to a skating competition....I'm gonna feel so clueless not knowing which jumps are which- I've depended on Dick Button for that!

Gold Medalist
    October seems so far away now...

Fan for Life
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. I missed it last year.

nyskater - There are websites which give figure skating jumps, spins and other parts to the free skate. I don't have the link but I think if you type in the words figure skating into a search, they'll pop up.

Joe

Custom Title
    Here is the link:

http://www.usfsa.org/news/2003-04/ca...htm?siteid=983

The ladies´ competition will be extremely interesting. About the men, hmmm, the skating of Weiss, Jahnke, Plushenko and Honda is always interesting to watch. LOL, besides I`m always feeling curious about Plushenko´s costume...

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 08-07-2003 at 08:59 AM.

Moving Forward
    If I remember correctly from last year, the ladies did much better with this than the men did. All the men struggled a bit and I think it was Timmy who had a horrible time. I hope they all have a much easier time this year.

I'm anxious to see all the new programs and costumes. It's like waiting for Christmas morning to open all the pretty gifts!

Nan

Jané
    Thats cool. I can't wait for skating season to start up. October is so far away :( Thank goodness for the internet :D

Janelle

Learning to Fly
    I cannot WAIT to see Yagudin and Plushenko go head to head again. October does seem far away, but it'll be here before we know it!! Any predictions?

In love with the axel!
    Originally posted by nysk8r
    I have tickets too!!! It'll be my first time going to a skating competition....I'm gonna feel so clueless not knowing which jumps are which- I've depended on Dick Button for that!
    Check out this site: http://sk8stuff.com/m_recognize.htm It has some really great examples of jumps, spins & other elements with short videos.

You will be amazed at how much faster the skaters seem than they do on tv.

SkateFan4Life

I would gladly go, but driving in NYC and looking for a parking... :\ Does anyone know where the next Campbell's competition will take place? (probably not )

Anyway, I just hope that it's not going to be like last year when the men were falling all over the ice. It looked like the rink was rather small and maybe that was the reason, but still it was really strange.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast