Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Campbell's International Skating Classic

Windspirit - Take the train to Penn Station and you are right there in Madison Square Garden. or

Take the train to Grand Central and then the subway to 34th and 7th avenue.

No car hastle.

Joe

On the Ice
    sk8er1964....thanks for the website!

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever

Campbell's

Joe ... great advice about the train ... that's what I'll be doing from Long Island!

BTW ... Sarah was originally scheduled to compete at this event, but has pulled out (presumably due to college).

Michelle Kwan Fan
    I cannot wait to be a spectator at Campbell's! Good luck to all the skaters! :D

Joe, thanks for the train information. I can't go by train, though, unless I want to make it a 2-day trip (the last -- well, actually the only one -- train I could take when going home leaves NYC at 4:30pm). I thought about going by bus, but again the last one I could take back leaves the city at 8:00pm (at the competition starts at 7:30, right?).

I think I'm going to have to pass. Oh well. But I'm going to see some of the skaters on the next day in Connecticut, so that's always something. It'd be really nice to able to see the competition, though.

SkateFan4Life
    I would enjoy attending the Campbell's competition, but I'm not about to drive into New York City to do so. After what happened yesterday - with the massive blackout - what a nightmare for all of those people to get home!! God bless them all.

I guess I'll stick with my television and VCR.

Skatefan - You are not a true Newyorker. Newyorkers face the problems head on and enjoy life, in this case Campbells.

Joe

Custom Title
    Originally posted by nysk8r
    I have tickets too!!! It'll be my first time going to a skating competition....I'm gonna feel so clueless not knowing which jumps are which- I've depended on Dick Button for that!
    nysk8r, you are going to enjoy yourself immensely!!! Last year, Bofrost has been my first live competition, and I'll never forget how great an experience that was! Have fun! :D

Always Dream
    My uncle lives in NY so I might go with him! I am so excited! hehe! If my mom lets me that is.

Go NJ Devils
    I was on my way to Penn Station today to catch the train to Newark Airport, and the advertisement on the big board on the 8th Avenue side was for the Campbell's International Classic. I must say I got a thrill and a chill as the sign flashed the big names in succession -- Kwan, Goebel, Plushenko, Yagudin, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2