I'm Just Peachy!!! (Health Update) | Golden Skate

I'm Just Peachy!!! (Health Update)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thank you, everyone, for your support on the board, PMs, email... it meant so much and I can thankfully say that I am going to be fine!

I have a cyst that is basically an 'internal zit' :laugh: don't ask me what it's real name is because it's some big fancy word that I have no clue as to how to say it much less spell it!

I'm just SO VERY THANKFUL that it's nothing that I can't handle! *whew* I have to take some meds for a while, but if it doesn't go away it will just be a bother and I can always have a surgery to take it out (um, that'd be a NO lol I'll 'suffer through')

So I just wanted to let you all know and say thank you again! You all made the waiting easier!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Praise God it's only a cyst.:clap:
I have the same thing. Except I'm battling a little one on my ovary, right now.
I know it's not fun, so I'm hoping it goes down for ya. Stay away from caffeine, if you can. (I need to follow my own advice lol) *hugs*

Last edited:

laceup

On the Ice
This is fantastic news, Toni !!! Sorry you had this scare, but so glad the results turned out great for you :yes::):yes:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great news for you, Toni. Now you can relax a bit. Glad that it can be treated with meds (& surgery if necessary). :party:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Toni, I'm so glad that it turned out fine. Hope the medicine would do so there won't be any need for further action. Take care!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just another (((Toni))) for the great news!!!!

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the update, Toni......Glad you're okay......I knew you would be.....42

I've been absent Toni, so didn't know of your health scare. I am very pleased and thankful to hear it is nothing to worry about.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks everyone! the antibiotics I have to take are freaking HUGE! I gag on them :laugh:

I have trouble taking ibuprofen or sudafed so these logs going down are a bit much! :eek:

thanks everyone! the antibiotics I have to take are freaking HUGE! I gag on them

As the doctor if you can crush them...I know a lot of times with antibiotics you can't split them or crush them, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

When I was a kid, my Mom would crush pills on a spoon and put a little bit of ginger ale on the spoon with them. I, too, even as an adult, have trouble with large pills.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, I know the pills aren't able to do that... already thought of it, but my dad is familiar with teh pills (he's a med tech now lol no more sporting goods for him!) and he just laughs :p he's mean

ok so he's not really mean, he bought me a new lens for my camera yesterday (said it's a bday present, but they already gave me a gift for bday so I think he's just glad I'm okay)

sillylionlove

Medalist
For a while I could not take pills and would have to take them with applesauce. Try that. It seems to help them go down easier.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I find if I chug a soda while taking the pills it's working

I gag, but I think I would no matter what I use...

I can't even swallow Kraft mac and cheese (really soupy) without chewing it to death. It's just the way I function :laugh:

Tigger

Final Flight
Ah yes...The antibiotics that are the same size as a grapefruit. :wink:

Excellent, excellent news Toni!! Hope the meds take care of it. :)