What One Question Would You Ask Your Favorite Skater? | Golden Skate

What One Question Would You Ask Your Favorite Skater?

NanSinger2

On the Ice
I have found myself in situations of having the opportunity to talk to a few celebrities, and I did meet Kristi Y once. I always find myself wanted to say or ask something impactful, but I never can think of the clever thing to say at the right time. Most recently, I got to meet Kim Locke from American Idol and I asked her if this experience has been what she expected. It seemed so lame. What would you like to ask your favorite skater?

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
Now, I'd really never ask this question if I ever met Michelle, but this is the question I'd most want the answer to: Michelle, are you/will you ever be truly okay with not having won the Oly gold?

I hope, hope, hope that the answer is yes because she had given so much to the skating world and achieved so much that I'd hope that the Olympics is not a nagging regret for her.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Paul Wylie -- Ok bubba, how'd you become a Christian

ok so I wouldn't call 'im Bubba... but I'd love to ask him that question

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
Paul Wylie -- Ok bubba, how'd you become a Christian

ok so I wouldn't call 'im Bubba... but I'd love to ask him that question

I must be missing part of the story.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sorry... Paul Wylie is a Christian, and I always love people sharing their faith... most of my questions he already answered last year on a Christian Radio Talk Show LOL

John King

Final Flight
Anjelika Krylova:When are you going to release a swimsuit calender?(Sigh....)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What One Question Would You Ask Your Favorite

I'd like to ask Karen Magnussen - Would she ever consider teaching in Surrey so I could attend one of her sessions. North Van is just too far! What a great experience that would be for me!

I did have the privilege of meeting Karen at Skate Canada, but all I could do was "gush" and ask for her autograph!

I also met the great Toller and asked him if he is ever going to perform my all time favorite program of his - "Too Beautiful to Last" - one more time. I don't think he liked the question. Toller does not like to dwell in the past.

One has to be careful when speaking to these great skaters!

Torvill and Deans' Russian interperter (Torvill and Dean and the Russian All Stars Tour) stayed at my mom's for a couple of days in Victoria. I felt like I had Torvill and Dean in the living room! It was great. She told us a lot of stories about them.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Wow, I gotta think now, LOL

Gosh, I really have to think about this one. What do I most want to know about my fave skaters!? :D

Michelle-I would want to ask her about growing up the public eye. That has to be difficult to deal with and we have seen SO many young celebrities throw their lives away as they get older and I love that she has grown into a beautiful and wonderful young woman. I would love to hear about what it was like to grow up in the public eye.

Todd Eldredge-Do you ever get dizzy when you are spinning?! (I get dizzy just watching him sometimes so I have always wanted to ask him that, LOL)

Angela-I would actually just want to go hang out and have a cup of coffee with her and chat about anything. I think she is the sweetest person in skating and would love to just chat about life. Maybe at Nationals this year I will get to meet her and just chat for a bit. That would be awesome. That, and her on the podium too. =D

Jamie & David-Geesh. This is a hard one because I am actually going to meet them at a show next month in Windsor and I have NO CLUE what I would want to ask them!! These two have been faves of mine for a long time and its a bit overwhelming to try to think about what I would want to ask them. I think I need to think about this one a bit longer. I would also love to just have a cup of coffee with them and chat about life just like I would with Angela. No hard questions, let's just talk about anything and everything, LOL :D

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"I must be missing part of the story."

Me too!

I'm pretty sure that the answer is "I was born one." unless someone has info that I don't and can prove that Paul was raised jewish, muslim, hindi, or budist,etc...

FYI, people who haven't been "re-born" but have believed in Jesus thier whole lives are still christians.

astimegoesby

On the Ice
Kurt Browning: When, oh when, are you going to write another book someday? :(

Josée Chouinard: Having any second thoughts about that whole "retirement" thing yet? ;)

Jamie and David: So how do you guys really feel about Ottavio Cinquanta...I mean, really?

Not that I'd ever actually ask any of these questions if I ever get the opportunity to meet any of these skaters, but this is fantasy, right? :laugh:

Sweetie

Rinkside
I've already had the chance to ask Shae-Lynn Bourne the one question I'd always wondered, but I think if I had the opportunity and there were no restrictions, I would ask Victor Kraatz if he ever did truly have feelings for Shae-Lynn and if yes, why didn't he ever tell her?

I'd hook him to a polygraph machine just to make sure he wasn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes ;)

boggartlaura

On the Ice
astimegoesby said:
Kurt Browning: When, oh when, are you going to write another book someday? :(

Not that I'd ever actually ask any of these questions if I ever get the opportunity to meet any of these skaters, but this is fantasy, right? :laugh:
Hey, I'd actually ask the book question to Kurt. I'd love to read another one by him.