What Advice Would You Give Which Skater? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What Advice Would You Give Which Skater?

skatechick

Spectator
I would say to Jenny Kirk to stop cupping her hands whenever she does a jump. She should flex her fingers gracefully.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Advice

Elena Sokolova - Find the form and attitude you had during your Worlds SP! Stick with more upbeat music like "Samson and Delilah". If she could skate with the same joyous abandon everytime I could become an ardent fan.

Michelle Kwan - If you're coming back...don't let the success of last season leave you without that hunger. Don't be cautious just because you're number one again, let it all go and enjoy yourself.

Petrova & Tikhinov - Retire! LOL, no, but they desparately need to improve so many aspects of their skating. They need to work on stamina and their excitement level. This season they left me cold. Their skating was empty and void of any emotion.

Timothy Goebel - He's getting there. I don't believe we'll ever see a dramatic makeover from one season to the next (like Michelle from 95 to 96). What we are seeing is gradual improvement in the presentation department every year. This reminds me a bit of Todd Eldredge. Todd's style developed over a long period of time and became quite pleasing and fluid. So, I think he should listen to those around him and do only what he is comfortable with.

Angela - I want a World medal for her so badly! Or at least another Nationals medal! She seems so geniune. To see her skating improve so much from 1997 to the level she reached in 2001 was wonderful. She's got it all....now I just want to see her realize that.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Angela- your beauty on the ice is undeniable, focus yet remain relaxed.

Sasha- focus on your love of skating and remain focused on each element and putting your entire program together.

Lisa

On the Ice
Alexei, listen to your doctors! ;) Ooops, that would be out of character, wouldn't it? :D

Anke, you know that I agree with you! - Lisa :laugh:

shanilia

Rinkside
Fumie, please don't neglect the smallest detail in your programs! Making sure that every single position you execute looks good makes all the difference; sloppy positions are clearly a sign of carelessness and is very glaring.

icenut84

Final Flight
Michelle - your footwork sequences improved SO MUCH in your 03 programmes, so keep it up. But don't leave the rest of your routines so empty. You've proven you can do the in-betweens and transitions, so don't leave them all out! Also, come up with a new dress design :)

Sasha - work on the flutz. Work on consistency and edge security. Perform for the audience and for the love of skating, not for the medal.

Irina - work hard to be as ready as you can be for this season. Hold some of your positions longer (like in the Olympics SP), and explore different types of music and choreography. You obviously love skating to upbeat music, and do very well at it, so try capitalizing on that in your new programmes, particularly the LP. Combined with your speed, power and edge quality, it'd be amazing!

Sarah - enjoy your time at college! Continue to skate, but do what you want to do, it's the best thing to do.

Plushy - continue in the same vein. Don't overdo it on the jumps if it's going to cause injury, as spectacular as they are to watch. Continue to improve all the time, work on spins, and just carry on. :)

Tim - work on using your arms more and loosening up. I think it'd make all the difference in the world. And really try hard to carry on working on artistry - I have to say I didn't notice any improvement from last season at all - the only difference in his LPs from Olympics to 03 Worlds that I noticed was the wide-mouthed facial expression at the start. It's not just about the elements, remember that. Particularly when you're competing against the likes of Plushenko. Other that that, take it easy on the hip.

skatepixie

On the Ice
Sasha-keep up the good work and dont let naysayers get u down. Yr getting more consistant

MK-Dont get me started. Stop faking it. please.

AP-Lesson 1:Fist pumps dont work for madame butterfly....

alexei-get well soon. we miss u

NNN-ditch the leg wrap.

Illia K-Open up to the press a little. Short answers that dont get personal work better than "No personal questions" for everything.

Surya-Get someone else to do yr clothes. Please. Spare us.

Oksana-Good job getting it back together. Keep it up.

aly*cutie

On the Ice
This looks cool :)

Irina- Try to smile more and be more graceful. Look like you are having a good time.

Sasha- Keep practicing those jumps, you are getting more consisitent. And try not to worry so much, just go out there and relax.

rtureck

Final Flight
skatepixie said:

Surya-Get someone else to do yr clothes. Please. Spare us.

Suyra, she has at least 2 more world medals than the skater that you did not "get started". I happen to like Suyra a lot, including her back flips and her costumes. :)

So thanks for your thoughts skatepixie. ;)

Last edited:
Michelle: You've got this skating thing mastered. Now don't neglect your education.

Prof. Mathman:laugh: :love:

shine

Record Breaker
skatepixie said:
OMG, that's exactly the same thing I was going to say about your favorite skater...

All that Jazz

Rinkside
Evgeny Plushenko:
Get a rid of that guy who thinks he "edits" your music!
Tatiana Todmanina:
Skating is FUN! Smiling doesn't hurt!
Michelle Kwan:
Let your hair down and get alive!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
VISA CHECK!

I would advise AP to make sure she has her passport and all proper visas WAY ahead of time! :laugh:

skatepixie

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
I would advise AP to make sure she has her passport and all proper visas WAY ahead of time! :laugh:

I forgot that one.

ok. I will revise it.

MK: Stop faking emotion in your programs.

And I will ad:

Irina: work on artistry

Mao Adasta: Please land on triple perfect before worring about 3/3/3 combos. Stop cheeting things.

Elvis: Why are you coming back? Why? If he thinks he will win, he is mistaken.

Toller: Oh god! Leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icenut84

Final Flight
Germanice said:
Sorry, I'm already wondering all the time, but who the f... is AP?

Anke :)

I think it means Ann Patrice McDonough, one of the American skaters. I think she was 4th at the last Nationals behind Kwan, Hughes and Cohen.

rtureck

Final Flight
Quote:

Mao Adasta: Please land on triple perfect before worring about 3/3/3 combos. Stop cheeting things.

~~~Mao is just 13 y/o. she has to work on many things, but what is cheeting? As in ....

"Did you see this inside edge.." Dick Button slo mo analysis of Cohen's flutz at worlds or was it nationals?

Quote:
Elvis: Why are you coming back? Why? If he thinks he will win, he is mistaken.

~~~Elvis may be coming back because he enjoys skating and competing and he has nothing to prove.

Quote:
Toller: Oh god! Leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Toller been bothering you? who are the
us Maybe you should leave Toller alone? ;) :eek:

Last edited: