What Advice Would You Give Which Skater? | Golden Skate

What Advice Would You Give Which Skater?

NanSinger2

On the Ice
I would advise Tim to really focus on his artistry this season. I'd like to see him have the whole package.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I'd advise Angela to decide whether she wants to go down in skating history as the person who had the most unfulfilled potential or a great skater.

Last edited:
Tim - My advice is to keep moving at your own pace. It's beginning to work. The weakest point is artistry and that is moving along.

Johnny - My adivce is to not worry about winning. Just skate and you will.

Sasha - My advice. Try to skate for the love of skating and not for the medal.

AP = My adivce is to skate along like a Senior Lady and leave the cute little girl behind.

Jeffrey - Try enjoying your routine. Skate what you skate best.

Sandhu - Easy on the excessive styling. Keep most of it but don't let it interfere with your technical.

I could go on with this for every skater: Elena; Nelidina; Ota, Brian, Stephane, Ilia Klim, etc. but I'm sure you are already bored with me.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but I'm sure you are already bored with me.
Never Joe, I have learned a lot from you. Is that a good thing or bad thing??? :laugh: :laugh:

I would like to tell Alexei, please don't re-injure yourself.

Dee

Pookie

Final Flight
I would advise:

Michelle to leave the gold braid off the costumes.
Michael Weiss to get a new choreographer, dump the hypnotist and just skate. He is certainly capable.
Timothy Goebel to pull his neck up out of his shoulders. :p

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Sasha - My advice. Try to skate for the love of skating and not for the medal

Joe, you hit the nail on the head with her. I'd love to see what her skating would look like if she took your advice.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:

Johnny - My adivce is to not worry about winning. Just skate and you will.

I'm afraid he is the next male Angela. Last Nats show that after he had a good placement in short, seeing the medal possible, then after made ONE mistake in LP he falling apart. He is lack of mental toughness.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Angela's style. Her skating showes the softness, grace in natural not like Sasha's a kind forced. But I like Sasha's skating too. Seems Sasha has improved her mental toughness through last season. She did fall apart at Nats LP after the mistakes; but hold together at World's LP after the mistakes.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What Advise Would You Give Which Skater?

The word is advice! I don't think I would give any - I will leave that to their coach.

Norlite

On the Ice
What advice would I give?

Oh, I think I would advise them to not say anything at all if they can't say anything nice, and contribute to the conversation at hand. :sheesh:

Germanice

On the Ice
Alexei, you can't do it all! Forget SOI and start to skate in eligible competitions (most of all Euros/Worlds) again ...! It's f...... boring without you! :\

Anke

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"What advice would I give?

Oh, I think I would advise them to not say anything at all if they can't say anything nice, and contribute to the conversation at hand."

LOL

My advise:

Weiss: Firing your family doesn't mean that you don't love them. Stop thinking about being the first to do this or that, ya ain't going nowheres without a good 3axel.

Sasha: Take up Ice Dancing for fun. Who knows, you may get on a edge someday. Stop searching for the perfect outfit and start searching for the reason you can't deliver to your potential: less sketching, more couch laying.

Angela: Spend the day with Paul Wylie picking his brain on how a perpetual heir apparent who could be the best, but keeps messing up, can finally get thier head together and skate a clean program.

A-P: Smile. There, that didn't kill you, did it?

Timmy: Repeat 100 times "back straight, arms rounded." No, not the opposite! BACK straight, ARMS rounded.

Kasey

Medalist
Alexei....Don't push yourself to do it all...the tour will be there in another year, or two, or five! Concentrate on competing!

Mike....Concentrate on standing on your feet with the 3A and 4T...give the lutz a break for now, if competing is really what you want.

Plush....God help us, get rid of the Rocky Horror meets Devo costumer!!!!!!

twinkleglass

Spectator
Jeff Buttle: Close your mouth, arenas are dangerous nowadays with pigeons and whatnot

Alexei: Make taking care of yourself a priority.

Emanuel Sandhu: Take them out. Please.

:D

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
This is fun!

Plush: Please DON'T listen to those who say to tone down your costumes. While you looked beautiful at Art on Ice skating in all black, the flamboyance suits you. Please don't change.

Alexei: Come back to competition only if you can challenge Evgeni, but don't hurt yourself again trying to do so.

Alexander Abt: Please wear more mesh this year. :p

Sasha C: If you must do that horrible spin at the end of every single one of your programs, please learn to do it without that horrible grimace. Smile when you yank your leg over your head.

Nelidina: Please come with me to see my hairdresser.

Mikey W: Please listen to previous posters. Get a new choreographer. Learn a proper triple axel. And learn that sometimes, it's okay to say nothing. (not that any of us in this thread are following this advice :D)

I'm sure I'll think of more...

Laura

NanSinger2

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
This is fun!

Sasha C: If you must do that horrible spin at the end of every single one of your programs, please learn to do it without that horrible grimace. Smile when you yank your leg over your head.

Nelidina: Please come with me to see my hairdresser.

Laura

Laura,

You crack me up!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Laura,

I definitely agree about Neludina's hair. Saw her three times at Worlds and was always sure who I saw. That hair was WILD!

singerskates

On the Ice
This is for all skaters out there pro, elite, test, adult and amature.

Remember why you started to skate. When you skate, skate from your heart not your head. Listen to your music and jam with it. Like singing, one should not show off everything one has ever learned just to show it off. If it doesn't fit in the program, don't do it. Feel you way throug your music as you skate. The audience will feel it with you. Do more stroking during practice sessions and more stretching (especially for pro, adult skaters and elite skaters). Make sure you don't over do it. You've heard your mom's say in your life time that too much of a good thing can be bad for you. (Case in point: Elvis Stojko's 1997-1998 season in the practice rink skating too many hours doing the jumps too many times lead to a badly pulled groin that stole his Olympic Gold medal and turned it into silver.) Make time to rest and do other things. Spend time with family and friends.

Brigitte

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
Sasha- Relax! Stop worrying so much about skating perfectly, and just do it. You have the talent. Just enjoy yourself.

Evgeny - There's something inherently wrong with a man doing a Bielman. It weirds me out and makes me cringe every time.

Kat