Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Advice Would You Give Which Skater?

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Originally posted by skatepixie
    MK-Dont get me started. Stop faking it. please.
    OMG, that's exactly the same thing I was going to say about your favorite skater...

On the Ice
    Evgeny Plushenko:
    Get a rid of that guy who thinks he "edits" your music!
    Tatiana Todmanina:
    Skating is FUN! Smiling doesn't hurt!
    Michelle Kwan:
    Let your hair down and get alive!

Custom Title
    Originally posted by shine
    OMG, that's exactly the same thing I was going to say about your favorite skater...
    LOL!

Custom Title
    Originally posted by shine
    Do you mean Sasha?

VISA CHECK!

I would advise AP to make sure she has her passport and all proper visas WAY ahead of time!

Fan for Life

Re: VISA CHECK!

Originally posted by RealtorGal
    I would advise AP to make sure she has her passport and all proper visas WAY ahead of time!
    That is TOO funny!

Eville Eastern Bloc Poster

Question

Sorry, I'm already wondering all the time, but who the f... is AP?

Anke

Skating Soprano
    Originally posted by RealtorGal
    I forgot that one.

ok. I will revise it.

MK: Stop faking emotion in your programs.

And I will ad:

Irina: work on artistry

Mao Adasta: Please land on triple perfect before worring about 3/3/3 combos. Stop cheeting things.

Elvis: Why are you coming back? Why? If he thinks he will win, he is mistaken.

Toller: Oh god! Leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Originally posted by Germanice
    Sorry, I'm already wondering all the time, but who the f... is AP?

Anke
    I think it means Ann Patrice McDonough, one of the American skaters. I think she was 4th at the last Nationals behind Kwan, Hughes and Cohen.

Custom Title

Quote:

Mao Adasta: Please land on triple perfect before worring about 3/3/3 combos. Stop cheeting things.

~~~Mao is just 13 y/o. she has to work on many things, but what is cheeting? As in ....

"Did you see this inside edge.." Dick Button slo mo analysis of Cohen's flutz at worlds or was it nationals?

Quote:
    Elvis: Why are you coming back? Why? If he thinks he will win, he is mistaken.

~~~Elvis may be coming back because he enjoys skating and competing and he has nothing to prove.

Quote:
    Toller: Oh god! Leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Toller been bothering you? who are the
    us Maybe you should leave Toller alone?
    Last edited by rtureck; 09-14-2003 at 10:38 PM.

Skating Soprano
    All of kwans gestures seem fake to me. And you can force a smile to extend to your eyes. It also bugs me that she smiles soooo much in every program. It shows a lack of versitility.

Cheeting is falling short of rotation. Mao cheets by 1/2 a rev quite often.

Sasha's flutz was slight and that was the only time ive seen her to it. Flutzing once, so slightly that it can only be caught on slow mo replay, doesnt compare to faling short of rotation on every jump you do in a program. What does Mao's age matter. Why give high marks to a girl who does this?

I find Toller VERY annoying. The guy just irritates me to no end. He things that he single handedly change the sport and that this means that he knows everything.

Michelle: Keep kicking [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color] and enjoying yourself.

Sasha: Have fun out there. Remember why you started skating. Also, a change of edge spiral involves two edges, not a flat and an edge. And fix the flutz.

Tim: Keep working on your presentation. You're improving.

Custom Title
    Quote:
    Cheeting is falling short of rotation. Mao cheets by 1/2 a rev quite often.

~~ So she needs to work on her jumps, and she is only 13, why you decide to get started on a little 13 y/o, and imply that she cheats ? I think this thread is started with the spirit of constructive criticism, not a chance for you to diss your least favrotie skaters.

Quote:
    Sasha's flutz was slight and that was the only time ive seen her to it. Flutzing once, so slightly that it can only be caught on slow mo replay, doesnt compare to faling short of rotation on every jump you do in a program.

~~ Cohen has never been able to do a true outside edge lutz. I was at worlds 03, and other competitions, I had front row seats.

Quote:
    I find Toller VERY annoying. The guy just irritates me to no end. He things that he single handedly change the sport and that this means that he knows everything.

~~So you are easily annoyed, it is not his fault, just don't watch him. I don't think he is actively competing or even doing that many skating shows. He has branched into art.
    Last edited by rtureck; 08-17-2003 at 12:51 PM.

Tripping on the Podium
    All of kwans gestures seem fake to me. And you can force a smile to extend to your eyes. It also bugs me that she smiles soooo much in every program. It shows a lack of versitility.
    Or maybe it shows that she's actually enjoying herself out there and wants to express it?

Sasha: Work on your inside edge when it comes to your spirals. You seem to have a great inside edge on your lutzes. Remember you're skating because you love it, not because you want to win win win. No more deep-V dresses nor that deep-V leotard I saw at Worlds practice. Stop frontloading your programs. 5 jumps before the 2 minute mark is not impressive. Add some real choreography instead of the same bag of tricks we keep seeing in every program.

Michelle: more MORE choreography in the first half of your LPs. You've spoiled us from 1996-2000 and we're hungry for more. Get some new spin positions, that catch foot spin in Arianne was nice albeit slow. Are you allergic to long-sleeves in your dresses? If not, try some, it would accentuate your arm choreography. Get a 3/3 just to piss people off Continue to skate as long as you want, regardless of placement.

Irina: no more operas. try to smile more. You have an awesome figure, stop hiding it behind raggedy dresses. Like Michelle, continue to skate because you love it, no matter your age. A 3/3 would be nice.

To all skaters, don't push yourself too hard. We want you out there on the ice, not at home putting on ice for an injury

I think Toller changed the sport for the better, myself. And I love Michelle's smile. But then consider the source of someone who can't even spell cheat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast