Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12 year old doing 3axel

Miki_tan, thanks for the translation. And welcome.

As for the 12-year-old girl, I'm with those who say it's 1. too early, 2. I'd like to see young skaters concentrate on presentation and their overall skating than on the 3a (not to mention quadruple jumps...). But the reality is that you're going to get noticed faster if you try some of the more difficult jumps. I just hope their coaches know the risk. I sure wouldn't want to see another girl getting hip surgery at 16.

Not one praise from the Sasha Board which I read about the little tyke. All had reservations on the 12 year old Japanese girl. Why not? That's their perogative.

Apparently, there were no interruptions of newscasts to announce this feat a la Tara. And not the joy of Oksana taking over Nancy, two footed jumps and all. But let's keep in mind, little girls can win over the judges. But will they accept little girls from another continent? We'll see.

Joe

+ Medalist +
    I'm actually much more impressed with her artistry than I am with her jumping. It would be nice if she puts more emphasis on her artistry & choreography next season, as opposed to adding more triple jumps. I think her presentation is great for a skater at that level.

I hope puberty is kind to her.

Le Patineur et sa Petite Lulu

12 year old doing 3axel

I am impressed. I hope this pushes others to do more difficult jumps and combos. I know she cheats her landings. Her tech. scores reflect. As far as jumping becoming more difficult when she grows, she may be close to her adult height now. Look at Asian gymnast. The don't get very tall. The jumps will clean up in time. One thing I will say is that they is a lot coming out of Asia these days and it's about time.
    Daniel and Little Lulu

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Jumps will not "clean up" in time if you didn't learn the right technique in the beginning.

On the Ice
    I'm with you Shine. I think it's pretty risky to let a kid get comfortable with the 'muscle memory' of poor jump landings. She needs to train her body and blades to complete jumps before they hit the ice.

Fan for Life
    I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye out to see how she develops.

The technique on the jumps is correct just under rotated. At first when I skated, all my jumps had cheats on the landing. One day I woke up and they were all clean. Sometimes during a competition the cheat will come back. A skater thinks better a cheat than a fall. Do we know that these jumps are never clean in practice?
    Daniel and Little Lulu

Kzarah, how come you don't read your messages?

12 year old doing 3axel

Grandmother I do read my messages. Did I miss something?
    Daniel and Ltttle Lulu

Custom Title
    Never get excited about the young skaters as much anymore. I like them but I'll wait til they hit puberty and have better technique before I start crowning them. I mean Michelle can't do all that stuff but she had good technique at 12 and it only got better. It's no wonder she's been so consistent.

Also who knows if she will be injured or something by the time she gets bigger from doing even harder jumps so early before developing.
    Last edited by lavender; 08-09-2003 at 11:13 AM.

Medalist
    They don't scare me! We have to much talent over here.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Joesitz
    Not one praise from the Sasha Board which I read about the little tyke. All had reservations on the 12 year old Japanese girl. Why not? That's their perogative.

Apparently, there were no interruptions of newscasts to announce this feat a la Tara. And not the joy of Oksana taking over Nancy, two footed jumps and all. But let's keep in mind, little girls can win over the judges. But will they accept little girls from another continent? We'll see.

Joe
    I think Midori was very well accepted.

As for acceptance and praise on a Sasha board, why do you even care what they think? Kudos to them for being wise enough to recognize this girl isn't all that and a bag of chips....yet....maybe never. Here's hoping someone helps her clean up those jumps otherwise she'll be finished before she's gone very far. Cheats are never impressive IMO.

Lavender, ITA.

I had seen this down-load before. What did impress me was her presence and nice straight back. She reminded me a bit of a young Kristi Yamaguchi..........42

Lavender - The only time I visit another Board is when someone puts a link in their reply. I didn't know it was the Sasha Board. I was looking for some commentary on how she skated.

I would like to see her skate and make up my own mind but will I?
    The Japanese ladies also have a storehouse of highly potential medalists, and will this girl be shown on American TV if she doesn't make the Worlds?

Probably not, so I leave my judgement until I do see her.

Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast