"Do you want to work for us again?" | Golden Skate

"Do you want to work for us again?"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just got rehired for my summer job at Wild Ride Sled Dog Show! :rock: Got an email asking me last night - said the job was still mine if I wanted it! I'll be resuming my sound board job with them - as well as working the gift shop, just like before!

Didn't even think it'd be an option as Dallas Seavey is getting married in April and didn't think he'd be up for it

I'm employeed from May 24 - Sept 1 !!!! :rock:

I'm so excited!

I think with this I'm going to bite the bullet and get myself a business license and start up my photography in earnest. That way I have a summer job, but I can also make $$ doing portraits when I'm not working this summer (and the rest of the year.) It'll be easier than starting up a job come fall and then maybe not getting to work for the Seavey's next summer as well!

In related news - the Iditarod starts on March 1st! And I expect you all to cheer for Mitch Seavey! :clap: :laugh:

skamper23

Medalist
Okay.... GO MITCH SEAVEY :agree: (This maybe a dumb question, but is the iditarod on TV at all??? )

and congratulations on your summer job sounds like fun! What does your job entail?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
skamper - the Iditarod gets blurbs now and then on ESPN, but that's about it. They did make a big deal out of a legally blind musher (female to boot, big news story) and followed the race her first time out (she didn't finish, had to 'scratch') but she's been on the trail several times, will be going again this year, and it's not a big deal anymore.

I'm going to be working for the son of the 2004 Champion (Mitch Seavey) Dallas - my boss - is the youngest musher to ever finish the Iditarod. It's a title he will hold for a long time, if not forever, as he turned 18 the day before the race. Anyway, Wild Ride is basically a one hour family friendly comedy show that takes you on a journey through the history of the sled dog from the gold rush era to the present day racing dogs. Afterwards people get to come 'back stage' and meet the mushers, pet the dogs, and hold Alaskan huskey puppies. We also have some Malamutes that are in teh show that greet the visitors (one played "Buck" in the movie 8 Below, though I'm not sure FlapJack will be there this year, his body couldn't take doing the same tricks day after day :no: ). I run the sound board, and help out with the gift shop. http://www.sleddogshow.com

The only place you can watch the whole race, that I know of is here - http://www.iditarod.com - it has something similar to Ice Network.

I'll try to keep a thread updated with news as I come across it (I make this promise every year, though lol)

Annie - my life is anything but fun :laugh: I am so dull!

Antilles

Medalist
Sounds great. I've always wanted to try dog sledding. It's always nice to alleviate the summer job anxiety early.

ToePick

Rinkside
Congrats on getting invited back, Toni!! That is always a great feeling -- not only knowing that you have a job (which is always good!), but also knowing that you did a great job in the past (so that they want you back). You really are a great photographer, so I don't blame them in the least!!