US-Pairs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US-Pairs

Jim Hodges

Spectator
US Pairs

Keep an eye on Tiffany Sfikas and Jeff Weiss who I think have a chance to be a major force in US Pairs.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Sfikas was very lovely at Europeans a couple of years ago, with her abusive ex-partner from Britain. She was the focal point of that pair, a lot like Obertas was this year. I hope she and her new partner are well-suited and that they are successful this year.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
As for Averbukh, I am not sure he would have been allowed to dump Anissina ten years prior.

Ten years ago, if Averbukh had been allowed to split, Anissina wouldn't have been left trying to find her own partner by writing letters to Victor Kraatz and Gwendal Peizerat. And Denis Petukhov wouldn't have been able to answer Melissa Gregory's email.

G

gr8mom

Thanks for the welcome, Joesitz.

Sorry to vent like that. I make myself stick to lurking because I usually regret something about my posts when I see them at a later time! Anyway, the point of the post was to confirm hockeyfan's comment that it must be hard to take a chance that the partner is also committed. On a very positive note, our current coaching team is working very hard to keep these two kids together at this point. This group has been more active in 3 months as far as talking to me about getting past all of the trouble spots than our original, more experienced team did in 15 months. They probably have nightmares about us!:rolleye: We need psychologists and coaches!
I think I'll go back to lurking now!