Honda Finds Second Home In Canada | Golden Skate

Honda Finds Second Home In Canada

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Japan's Takeshi Honda has been at the top of men's skating in Japan for the last eight years. A five-time winner of the Japanese senior men's championships, Honda is a two-time bronze medallist at the World Championships, a silver medallist at the World Junior Championships and a two-time champion and two-time silver medallist at the Four Continents Championships.

More

Sweetie

Rinkside
That's a great article...
I love Takeshi. I wonder if he's single lol... I could give him a good tour of Toronto ;) lol j/k

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the article! Honda has been a skater whose performances I have been enjoying for years. Even when he has not totally succeeded. His presentation is really good, and the skating looks very effortless, and he always gives me the impressiion that he is enjoying of being on the ice.

Marjaana

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Paula:

I really like Takeshi. Heck, he has been in Canada so long he might as well take out his citizenship and skate for Canada! We could use him! I always look forward to seeing him skate. Go Takeshi!

NanSinger2

On the Ice
Maybe it's just me, but I really expected a "break out" season for Honda last season, and he didn't seem to have one. I'll look forward to seeing what the new season brings for him.

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Nice article :)

I have a soft spot for Takeshi... I don't always get as excited for his skating as I do for others (ie jumping off the couch and yelling at the television when Plush skates, lol...) but I admire his jumping and determination. Hope next season is good to him!

singerskates

On the Ice
I didn't think one had to spend oodles of money to make it in skating. I don't do ballet, yoga or those other money consuming off-ice things either.

I think the reason Honda can get away from not doing them is that he is musically inclined and skates from the heart.

Brigitte