It Starts Tomorrow or Today so be prepared | Golden Skate

It Starts Tomorrow or Today so be prepared

3 American Ladies will be eligible for the Olys - all top drawer.

Adam Rippon with be eligible also - Will that increase the rivalry between Lysacek and Weir?

Will Hubbell and Hubbell win over Samuelson and Bates and will the Russian trio of couples stand pat?

What can we make of Pairs?

Joe

ChrisH

On the Ice
Will Caroline repeat or will Mirai do what Yu-Na did and dethrone her rival? Was the talk about Caroline skipping junior Worlds real and is she lacking in motivation? In short, will Caroline have her best performance of the season in her final event like she did last year? :p

efreedman

On the Ice
3 American Ladies will be eligible for the Olys - all top drawer.

Adam Rippon with be eligible also - Will that increase the rivalry between Lysacek and Weir?

Will Hubbell and Hubbell win over Samuelson and Bates and will the Russian trio of couples stand pat?

What can we make of Pairs?

Joe

Interesting that you point out that Adam Rippon will be eligible for the Olympics and that you ask if this will increase the the rivalry between Lysacek and Weir. Based on your previous question as to who will beat Adam at Junior Worlds and your emphasis on the triple axel and quads, I thought you might place Brandon Mroz in that threesome.

Interesting that you point out that Adam Rippon will be eligible for the Olympics and that you ask if this will increase the the rivalry between Lysacek and Weir. Based on your previous question as to who will beat Adam at Junior Worlds and your emphasis on the triple axel and quads, I thought you might place Brandon Mroz in that threesome.
Good point. Brandon Mroz can beat Adam. He has in the past and I could include him in a 4-way rivalry in Seniors with Evan, Johnny, and Adam, but Brandon is a hit or miss. Perhaps a year of solid training (I don't judge skaters by their last showing but by their potential) will give him more confidence and steadfast consistency. This Jr. Worlds may show something for Mroz.

Joe

penguin girl

Rinkside
IMHO anything can happen between Jrs and Srs. It always seems like there's a transition period where the guys are getting their "big" jumps to compete with the seniors and everything goes to pot for awhile. Hopefully this won't happen to Adam--his artistry is phenomenal. Mroz, while having the 3A, doesn't have the presence that Adam does.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Its funny, I think Im more excited about Jr Worlds than I am about Worlds.:laugh: Could be because I adore the 3 US ladies competing here.:love: I am excited about Worlds too, but I soooo cant wait for this event to start.:clap::rock:

I think Adam Rippon & Brandon Mroz joining the ranks next year will make it quite interesting.:agree: