Elvis Stojko(Spoilers) | Golden Skate

Elvis Stojko(Spoilers)

bleuchick

On the Ice
in the current SOS issue for July/August, Elvis talks about the upcoming season.

- he came back because of his passion to skate rather than winning another a medal. The latter is not enough at this level. He was planning on coming back in 2005 then changed his mind because it was too far. He sure is looking forward to the 2006 games. His main goal for 2003-2004 is to get a feel of competing in the international events again. Other than that nothing much.
- the Axel is coming back, the quad toe, the quad salchow and the QUAD LUTZ. He is planning on doing the quad lutz in the LP.
-he is currently working with two choreographers - Randy Gardner andTracy Robertson.
- his coach is Linda Bridge

and alot more....

check the spotlight on skating issue for more about Elvis including the following:

- a brief article on B&S
- 2 page article on Toller Cranston
- 2 page article on Jennifer Robinson
- 3 page article on COI and the skaters.
- 5 page article on Isabelle and Lloyd - are retiring from touring in May 2004.
- 8 pages on the sexy men of SOI and some comments from the ladies of SOI. This the main feature of the issue.
- 2 page article on the CSOI.
- 5 page article on Evgeni Plushenko(I am sure Laura will be very happy to read this:D).

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
bleuchick said:
- 8 pages on the sexy men of SOI and some comments from the ladies of SOI. This the main feature of the issue.

Any new PICS of Sexei Alexei?????????????? :eek: :eek: :love:

Anke

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I hope Elvis' quad lutz attempt is better than Mikey's...

And thanks for the info on the Evgeni article! I'll be looking for it. :love:

Cheers,

Laura :)

Germanice

On the Ice
Alexei pics!

Bleuchick, I've tried to contact you but somehow it didn't work. Would you mind to contact me via PM? Thanx in advance! :)

Anke

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
bleuchick:

Thanks for the update on Elvis! It will be great to see him - medal contender or not. I always love to watch Elvis skate.

nymkfan51

Medalist
I am so glad he's coming back!!! Thanks for the update.
I didn't realize he had already decided to stay in till 2006. Now if Michelle would just tell us she's staying too, I would be one little happy camper. LOL

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I agree NYMKFAN51, I'm not ready to experience a Michelle-less Worlds until 2007! It is nice to hear that Elvis is staying. Others may have their opinions concerning him, but I've always found him to be a strong character with an interesting style. If he can get all the jumps and consistency back, I just wish he'd listen a little and compromise with the artistry aspect! I'd love to see him really TRY something somewhat classic and challenging choreography wise just once. But, even if he doesn't, I'll always appreciate what he brings to the ice and look forward to seeing if he can do what no man has really done before him. He's been out of the loop for so long and it would be incredibly impressive if he can challenge for the top spots again.

astimegoesby

On the Ice
I just purchased this magazine last week and I noticed most of the guys in the "sexy men of SOI" section wore the same black costumes they wore for the Will Smith closing number (alas, no open shirts, though!). There were a few exceptions--John Zimmerman wore his Studz outfit, for instance, but I don't think too many readers will complain about that! ;)

I also noticed Anton was the only male CSOI cast member not featured in this section (although there were a couple of quotes from Elena in the "ladies" section). I don't know who made that decision, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't a female staff member! :laugh:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
"I don't know who made that decision, but I'm willing to bet it wasn't a female staff member!"

Perhaps it was Anton.

I assume it's a 2 step process: 1) they ask, 2) you accept.

It's 50/50 odds, but somehow I think that Anton declining is more likely than the magazine for some reason singling him out as THE only man to exclude. Perhaps he just had a really good reason to be somewhere else that day.