Eisgala Davos | Golden Skate

Eisgala Davos

Medusa

Record Breaker
Eisgala Davos - yes, we little Europeans happen to have shows too. The theme was film music. It was yesterday evening on Eurosport, the show was sometime in February. There are very nice skating fans, who put the videos on youtube - Eisgala Davos - Playlist

Lambiel is a treat as always - I think his King Arthur is better than ever. But if I am not absolutely mistaken, he also trained his Quad during the show.
Lambiel Eisgala Davos - Romeo&Juliet

Other participants were Kurt Browning, Sarah Meier, KvdPerren, Savchenko/Szolkowy...

Is it possible that vdPerren increased his speed throughout the season? At Skate Canada he was soooooo sloooow, I thought it (the speed, not necessarily the jumps) was way better at Europeans - and here it seems somewhat normal and his last spin was really good (for him).

cristina

Rinkside
yes, I saw it too. Thank you, Eurosport to show twice in the year some figure skating.:bow:
We little Europeans happen to have shows too, and they are even sold out. In Switzerland and in Italy ice galas seem to have quite good success.
Lambiel was really good this time and even didn't spoil his jumps. Quad in "Un giorno per noi" and axels (still double). And incredible expression, that he has always, even without jumps.
Liked Meier, Drobiazko&Vanagas, of course Kurt Browning (but I think he was even better in "Art on Ice").
Only Sarah Abitbol's costume was such a mishap. What she was thinking to make this...

Thanks for the posts, Medusa and Christina.
...and they are even sold out. In Switzerland and in Italy ice galas seem to have quite good success.
It seems like there is good news everywhere except North America these days.

cristina

Rinkside
Thanks for the posts, Medusa and Christina.It seems like there is good news everywhere except North America these days.

Maybe because Europe is really small compared with North America.
Four shows of "Art on Ice" in Switzerland Zurich with 40 000 seats sold out every day - is it a good result?

Lambiel is a treat as always - I think his King Arthur is better than ever. But if I am not absolutely mistaken, he also trained his Quad during the show.
Lambiel Eisgala Davos - Romeo&Juliet
Lambiel IS Romeo!!!

No other male skater could interpret that. There just isn't anyone that has such passion for the role of a young man coming of age and in what he believes is love.

Can you imagine a Romeo and Juliet pas de deux with Lambiel and Vahaama? That would be raising the artistic barre for figure skating.

Joe

Four shows of "Art on Ice" in Switzerland Zurich with 40 000 seats sold out every day - is it a good result?
That's huge. Ice shows in the U.S. are struggling to attract 5,000 people. One of the two major tours, Champions on Ice, just went out of business this year. At their peak, in 1998, the tour went to 90 cities and drew 15 - 20,000 per show.

cristina

Rinkside
Lambiel IS Romeo!!!

No other male skater could interpret that. There just isn't anyone that has such passion for the role of a young man coming of age and in what he believes is love.

Can you imagine a Romeo and Juliet pas de deux with Lambiel and Vahaama? That would be raising the artistic barre for figure skating.

Joe

You probably are joking... Do you really want to put this innocent kid Vähämaa together with seducteur Lambiel?

Well, the original R&J were 14 and 12, or something like that. I can't see Vahaama skating a pas de deux with some kid from juveniles.;)

Joe

Christina - What a wonderful couple they would make in a true artistic expression - not in Pairs or even Skate Dance but in Artistic Couples as in a Ballet Pas de Deux. No triple throws; no meaningless twizzles. Of course, they will never introduce another category.

Joe