Female Skaters Who Have Landed a Quad? | Golden Skate

Female Skaters Who Have Landed a Quad?

Johar

Medalist
Can someone help me compose a list of female skaters who have landed a quad in practice or competition? Thanks.

Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight
I know of (the ovbious: ) Miki Ando, Junior Grand Prix Final 2002, and Sasha Cohen, Skate America 2001 practice.

Kypma

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Wrlmy

Medalist
Amber Corwin was also working on quad toe, and recently, Nancy claimes she had landed a quad.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was a rumor going around on this forum that Joannie is training 4Salchow in practice.

Last edited:

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I remember back in 2006 JW there was spectulation that Mao would try a quad loop. Has she ever landed one in practice?

shine

Record Breaker
Didn't Tara Lipinski land quads in practices too?

Ouch. Her hip. I wonder how fast those rotations would have to be considering how low her jumps were...

I think Joannie should try either the 4toe, 4sal, or 4loop. Considering the nature of the loop, the effortless height she gets on that jump always gives me chills.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ouch. Her hip. I wonder how fast those rotations would have to be considering how low her jumps were...

Oooh! Oh my gosh, that's painful even thinking about it. :( I agree, her jumps were incredibly low to the ice. She had such a weak 2Axel. Mira Leung is the only skater I can think of whose 2Axel is worst than Tara's was.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sometimes it's difficult to know who actually trains the jump, and who is just trying to psych out the competition by talking about it.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Nancy once said while she was commentating (on I believe it was Nationals 08) that she had landed a quad ("only") once in practice before. She then used that as evidence to support the fact that the quad was indeed a hard jump.

Johar

Medalist
So far we have:

Nancy Kerrigan
Mao Asada
Sasha Cohen
Surya Bonaly
Miki Ando
Tonya Harding
Kimmie Meissner

Last edited:

abbykitty

Rinkside
Joannie Rochette also landed a quad (not sure which one...probably 4sal) and a beautiful 3F-3T-2R at 2004 World's practice. here's what she said about the quad in a livechat with skatetoday a few years ago:

[abbykitty]: Joannie, is it true that you landed a quad and a triple axel at last years practice at Worlds?
[Joannie]: I did land the quad at Worlds during practices, but I've never landed a clean triple axel yet. I woked a bit on it this summer with Doug, and I think I will this summer too.

cristina

Rinkside
Wonder why women must do quad at all...
Situation in women's skating is anyway so strange: very young girls, pre-teens are the strongest. When they grow up, they often can't skate so well technically or even need to quit.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I don't think that we'd see a lady doing a quad in comp. Possibly Miki Ando but wouldn't be a consistent one. Mao's 4R.... I am afraid I don't think it possible. Why not S or T first? We might see a girl doing it one day again but wouldn't last long. We gotta wait another Midori Ito coming from nowhere.