double salchow | Golden Skate

double salchow

ice_magick

Rinkside
I've been skating for 4 to 5 years and I am in ISI-level 4 but I have my lutz. When I was at a party, a family friend asked if I was working on my double sal. Isaid no, but then I realized that a double sal is "normal" for skaters who have been skating as long as I have as often as I have. If i asked mycoach about it she would probably think I'm crazy.

Still...anyone know of any floor exercises that would increase power and speed, and ability to rotate?

aly*cutie

On the Ice
I am in Freestyle 3, and my coach has got me working on the double sal. I just practice a lot off ice, pulling in harder and harder, and I bend my knees when I am about to jump to get more height. I have it perfectly off ice. It takes some pratice to do it. You should ask your coach about it since you are in Freestyle 4. One of my friends in FS 4 is working on the double flip. If you have a really good salchow then your coach should let you try a double.

Lcp88

On the Ice
Double Sal in Freestlye 3!! Wow. I'm in 6 and its still my least consistent jump (the only time I can land it more than twice in a row is when I'm on the harness)
But as far as floor exercises, try standing standing one way, bend your knees, and do a "wind - up" where you just pull as tight as you can while in the air. You may fall, but I've found that seeing how many revolutions I can get has actually inproved this jump in addition to the loop.
Laura

icedream

Rinkside
whoa!!!! a double in freestyle 3?!! I know a girl in FS 5 that's doing the double salchow, but not 3! I'm in freestyle 4, and my single salchow is my worst jump. yuck... i hate salchows. but good for you!!!! wowwww!!!!!!!

aly*cutie

On the Ice
yea, my coach is really good with us, I keep falling on it, but I can get the whole way around, I landed it like twice, and so did my other friend in FS 3., she can land it more than me though. My single salchows are pretty high now, I just practice whenever I can, and off ice I exercise and practice my jumps all the time.

S

StephT

Freestyle tests?!

Hey guys, could anybody tell me what the testing requirments for those freestyle tests are?
Like what level is Freestyle 1,2,3,4 etc.?!

Thanks ;)

icedream

Rinkside
Re: Freestyle tests?!

StephT said:
Hey guys, could anybody tell me what the testing requirments for those freestyle tests are?
Like what level is Freestyle 1,2,3,4 etc.?!

Thanks ;)

this is for ISI...
Freestyle 1- waltz jump, backward edges, pivot, forward spiral, half flip, two foot spin.
Freestyle 2- half lutz, half toe walley, ballet jump, one foot spin, footwork, 2 forward spirals.
Freestyle 3- salchow, toe loop, change foot spin, footwork, outside pivot, backward spiral.
Freestyle 4- loop, flip, half loop, sit spin, footwork, two backward spirals.
Freestyle 5- back scratch spin, camel, camel sit, axel, lutz, footwork.
Freestyle 6- lay back spin, split jump, split falling leaf, double salchow, change foot sit spin
Freestyle 7- double toe loop, 2 walleys, flying camel, 1 foot axel/ 1/4 flip/axel combo, jump in opposite direction, footwork.

thats all i have on my testing sheet, so i dunno whats in the other levels....