Project Runaway Outfits OnLine Auction | Golden Skate

Project Runaway Outfits OnLine Auction

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://projectrunway.auction.seenon.com/viewcat.php?category=130

Some of you have said that you would love to know where you could purchase some of the outfits. The actual outfits are being auctioned on the above website. Current prices for all outfits are mostly in the 100 to 250 region.

Chris's and Sweet P's final collections are being auctioned off right now and will close in about 17 hours.

The final 3's outfits will probably go up for auction in the next week or so.

All proceeds from Chris & Sweet P's auctions go to the Hope Program:

Every year, The HOPE Program helps hundreds of people leave their lives of poverty and despair for careers in fields that support them and their families. HOPE's distinctive approach equips people to seize opportunities that propel them and their communities toward higher levels of prosperity. For more information go to http://www.thehopeprogram.org/.

The Hershey's Episode is also active and has about 13 days to run. Proceeds go to the Young Survival Coalition
The Young Survival Coalition (YSC) is the only international, non-profit network of breast cancer survivors and supporters dedicated to the concerns and issues that are unique to young women and breast cancer. Through action, advocacy and awareness, the YSC seeks to educate the medical, research, breast cancer and legislative communities and to persuade them to address breast cancer in women 40 and under. The YSC also serves as a point of contact for young women living with breast cancer. For more information, please call 646-257-3000.

They are also auctioning the designers' sketches from different episodes.

So here's your chance to own some of these looks and benefit charity as well.

babyoscar

On the Ice
Pr

ah, to be a size zero and at least 5'11:laugh:

well, the dresses on there don't have zipper or buttons sewn in. so I would think you don't have to be a size zero to wear it, probably size 2 and 4 would work as well. I have always wondered if the designers go back and work on the dresses after the judging before they are auctioned off. This is because a lot of them do have loose threads, and the models would have to be cut out of the dress.

ToePick

Rinkside
Since I have perhaps been in the lead among those longing for some of those clothes, I will pop over here to comment that I think the auctioning for charity of these garmets -- even though they are not always as finished as they should be -- is pretty cool. I've seen some photos of people wearing them, which is pretty cool. I would totally participate if they were not also totally out of my price range. :yes:

Now, where is that winning lottery ticket of mine??? ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Not necessarily. A number of outfits went for under 100.

The final collections of Christian, Jillian & Rami are up now. Rami has not been drawing particularly high prices for the episodes, so some of his lesser looks might turn out to be 100 to 200 bucks.

And a good buy could possibly be gotten on the Hershey's challenge, which is still open. The Episodes are running lower than the collections & rightly so--less glue gunning and pinning, on the collections, I'm sure.

Garments that brought the most so far are:

Jillian's Ep 11, Master of Argonauts ensemble
$4,950 :rock:
Chris's safety pin & human hair suit
$1,800 (so much for nobody wanting to wear it)
Chris & Christian Avant Garde
$1,625
Jillian & Victorya Fauxhawk coat
$1,550
Christian Ep 11
$1,525

So far, Rami's & Jillian's top looks are getting more and higher bids than Christian's.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Yeah, because who could WEAR Christian's? Well, I would wear some of the blouses. But the leggings? Not so much.

I confess, I am eyeballing Elisa and Sweet P's Hershey dresses. Wearable, especially Elisa's minus the sleeves (though Sweet P's is undoubtedly fragile.) Kevin's is also not bad. I suspect whoever buys Jillian's is just doing it for the charity, though, as it's clothes with a shelf life! Not to mention, forget cloth-eating moths, you'd have to worry about that attracting ants.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, and Christian's dress AFAIR is made of candy wrappers, so you really couldn't wear it either.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
No, Christian's is glued on fabric. You could wear it, but you'd crinkle a lot. Sweet P's I'd worry about taking out in the rain.