New figure skating movie | Golden Skate

New figure skating movie

hotasice1985

Spectator
Have any of you heard of the new skating movie "The Cutting Edge" coming out soon? It stars Matt Lanter and Francia Raisa. I think it is going to be pretty good. Go read more about it online, and tell me what you think.

Champion figure skater Zach Conroy (Matt Latner) is a brilliant but dangerous competitor, ignoring all risks in persuit of perfection. But, when his partner and former lover is injured in a devastating fall, Zach finds himself on thin ice. Enter the beautiful Alex Delgado (Francia Raisa), a tough-talking hockey player whose raw, unrefined talent is surpassed only by her passion and desire Tempers flar and sparks fly as the unlikely duo chases an impossible dream on th road to the world championships-where the only thing more dangerous than skating is falling in love.

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I too would love to know when it will come out.
I ADORE the cutting edge and san't wait for this.
I REALLY hope that it does not go straight to DVD though.........

It looks like this movie will debut on ABC Family TV on March 16 and go straight to DVD (April 1 release). I see this is "Cutting Edge 3" (there was a Cuitting Edge 2? :laugh:).

No skaters are listed in the credits. There are three "stunt doubles/stunt performers" (one of them was in Blades of Glory), but these appear to be professional Hollywood stunt men, not skaters. (Skaters are usually listed as "skate doubles").

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1110626/fullcredits#cast

sillylionlove

Medalist
New skating movie

FYI...a new cutting edge skating movie is coming out. It will premeire on the ABC family channel (not ABC) on Sunday March 16th.

Just wanted to let you guys know since I saw an ad for it over the weekend.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
because ABC/ABC Family did Cutting Edge 2 - I assume Disney (or one of it's sattelite companies) owns the rights to the actual Cutting Edge movie

Larry - Cutting Edge 2 came out around the Olympics in 06 IIRC...

capcomop

Rinkside
It looks like this movie will debut on ABC Family TV on March 16 and go straight to DVD (April 1 release). I see this is "Cutting Edge 3" (there was a Cuitting Edge 2? :laugh:).

No skaters are listed in the credits. There are three "stunt doubles/stunt performers" (one of them was in Blades of Glory), but these appear to be professional Hollywood stunt men, not skaters. (Skaters are usually listed as "skate doubles").

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1110626/fullcredits#cast

It never seems promising when there aren't any skater doubles in the movie! Then again this picture doesn't give me much hope either.
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-cuttingedge3premiere,0,4122153.story
Can't teach the "skater" to stand up straight on a pair of skates? :rofl:

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm a fan in general of family movies. I enjoyed CE 1 and even purchased the DVD. However, CE 2 didn't do much for me and have no plans for dvd purchase. Since it's on cable tv, I'll give CE3 a watch though.

Other than a role reversal (CE1 & 2 had female skater looking for partner) and a multi-cultural approach, it seems like a re-tread of CE1.

ProSkate

Spectator
New figure skating movie!

Have you heard about the new figure skating movie coming out? It's a sequel to THE CUTTING EDGE and is called THE CUTTING EDGE: CHASING THE DREAM. It stars Matt Lanter from Heroes and Francia Raisa from BRING IT ON: ALL OR NOTHING. Christy Carlson Romano from EVEN STEVENS is also in it. When figure skating’s most popular athlete accidentally injures his partner, he is forced to find a new teammate for the world championships. Landing an unlikely match in a tough but talented female ex-hockey player, both skaters struggle to work together as a team with nothing in common but their drive to win.

It comes out on DVD from MGM Home Entertainment April 1st. Did anyone see the original THE CUTTING EDGE??? I loved it! && I'm so excited for this one!

hotasice1985

Spectator
New Figure skating movie!

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you a heads up on a new FS movie coming out on DVD April 1! It is called "The Cutting Edge Three". It is the latest in the cutting edge trilogy. Anyone who is into great skating action as well as a ittle romance should check this movie out. From what I have seen, it looks great. Let me know what you think!

skatergirl45

On the Ice
So, I watched it. It is basically TCE 1 and 2 with a little different plot.
the same skating, moves, bad acting, and TOTALLY unrealistic love story.

hey, I still liked it better than the first 2.:cool:

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
Is it just me or did this movie have better skating that the first two did?

Ok, it has been a while since I saw the others and I only saw the final skate of Cutting Edge 3.

But I don't remember the other movies having a throw jump, or a throw twist or as many lifts as CE3 did. Opinions?

I'm not a figure skater and I'm sure that real figure skaters can REALLY critique the skating, but generally what is your opinion.

Michelle'sFan

P.S. Although I liked the second movie, did anyone else think that the special move was outlandish and could never really happen? I mean, come on, is there really enough time to throw the girl, do a triple, land and catch the girl?:scowl:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I thought both the movies, #2 & #3 were practically the same except for different actors, etc. Seemed the same plots to me.