Thread: Twizzles in a Biellmann Position?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Twizzles in a Biellmann Position?

My coach was thinking about this the other day; he was wondering whether anyone had ever attempted to do twizzles in a Biellmann position. He's now planning on asking some of the better skaters from the club to try that out, but I figured I'd ask around here. I can't imagine how a skater could do that, but hey, I can't imagine myself doing a quad, either.

Thanks!!

Kypma

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    If a planned biellmann spin travels a lot toward one direction, would that count?

Landing my axel..............again skatergirl45's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    That sounds VERY hard.
    I would suggest to first try it in a catch foot position but I am imagining attempting it right now and YIKES, its hard if not almost impossible.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, Skatergirl... I'm waiting until the day he finds someone good enough / crazy enough to try that insanely difficult variation. And to Wrlmy, well, almost but not quite. Maybe if the skater messed up the spin to the point where it became a series of 3 turns, we could rethink that. But I've only seen one person do that, and it was to start a backspin...

Kypma

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    that sounds really dangerous and pretty imossible!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl45 View Post
    That sounds VERY hard.
    I would suggest to first try it in a catch foot position but I am imagining attempting it right now and YIKES, its hard if not almost impossible.
    I think more people should do the traveling camel like Rudy Galindo did. It has great effect towards the end of the program!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    It sounds so difficult and dangerous...But,If somebody does it at the competition,It would be so interesting

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    well we can always find a skater who can do a really good biellmanns and really good twizzles. to practice it they can first do a few twizzles holding their blade then just gradually bring it up over their head... i guess

0 Not allowed!
    Oh dear lord please NO BIELLMAN TWIZZLES! I'm already sick of all the B'mans in spins and spirals, we don't need them in twizzles! I don't even like the twizzle variation that Davis & White (and maybe Virtue & Moir???) are doing now, and I really don't like the idea of a complete B'man twizzle!