Alexei Yagudin Has Appendectomy in Krasnodar | Golden Skate

Alexei Yagudin Has Appendectomy in Krasnodar

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
http://www.interfax.ru/news.asp?id=3695&sec=1449

Alexei Yagudin had his appendix removed in a Krasnodar hospital on Saturday night, Russian time. He has been appearing in the "Ice Age" show produced by Ilya Averbukh. There is no information in the above article about whether or not his appendix had burst previous to the operation, but it does say that his condition is stable, thank God, and he is in a private room. The article does not say how long he will be in the hospital.

Please rest and get well, Alexei. :love:

P.S. Puh-leeeez follow doctor's orders lol, pozhaluysta!

This poor guy. He has enough to worry about without this. He's a fighter, though, and I expect to see him on the ice as soon as possible.:agree:

Joe

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm wishing Alexei all the very best in his recovery and I'm relieved that his condition is stable. He has always been one of my very favorite skaters. Get well soon, Mr. Yagudin! *Sending positive thoughts and wishes for good health your way* :love::bow::love::bow:

sillylionlove

Medalist
This has been the year for male figure skaters to have this surgery isn't it? I think that two others have had this same surgery this year but I just can't remember who.

efreedman

On the Ice
Yagudin's Time in Hospital

http://www.interfax.ru/news.asp?id=3695&sec=1449

Alexei Yagudin had his appendix removed in a Krasnodar hospital on Saturday night, Russian time. He has been appearing in the "Ice Age" show produced by Ilya Averbukh. There is no information in the above article about whether or not his appendix had burst previous to the operation, but it does say that his condition is stable, thank God, and he is in a private room. The article does not say how long he will be in the hospital.

Please rest and get well, Alexei. :love:

P.S. Puh-leeeez follow doctor's orders lol, pozhaluysta!

Well, maybe they're keeping him in 7-10 days because they're afraid if they let him out, he might do something foolish. In the US, an uncomplicated appendectomy patient would have been discharged within 24-48 hours post operatively. Hopefully, he didn't have more serious surgery/developed peritonitis.

lane85

Spectator
How much more pain must he endure?
I love him as a skater but Alexei take a break already!
I can't imagine his body holding up for another year against all the abuse of skating and him not doing enough to take care of himself...
If he had stayed away from the ice after his surgery in 2003...oh never mind, it's too late now.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am sorry to have to tell you that the russian news organs state that it was purulent appendicitis, and there was peritonitis. They were treating that with antibiotics.

He signed himself out of the hospital already, against the recommendation of the doctors, and flew back to Moscow. Then he rejoined the tour in Tomsk.

According to the AYDG, he did not do any jumping in Tomsk, although he performed there, so I was relieved to hear that part.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
hope he knopws what he is doing......................................:scratch::scratch::eek:hwell::eek:hwell::unsure:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He signed himself out of the hospital already, against the recommendation of the doctors, and flew back to Moscow. Then he rejoined the tour in Tomsk.

According to the AYDG, he did not do any jumping in Tomsk, although he performed there, so I was relieved to hear that part.
Me thinks he needs a good spanking!!!!

Dee

jennylovskt

Medalist
I am sorry to have to tell you that the russian news organs state that it was purulent appendicitis, and there was peritonitis. They were treating that with antibiotics.

Oh, Alexei! What can you say?! He needs his air - the ice, the skating. I wish he could take care of himself more.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
He's someone who can't stay still for long. So, I'm not surprised that he checked himself out. He's feisty lol I hope he's healing well.

Tigger

Final Flight
There's having a fighting spirit and then there's being stupid.

I love Alexei's skating and he was so kind to me and the others the one time I met him. For him to have had this complication and not listen to his doctors...

Sigh...Oh Alexei....:(

astimegoesby

On the Ice
I'm sorry to hear this and I hope Alexei makes a full recovery, but I agree he shouldn't have returned to the ice so soon. No tour is worth that kind of risk and I'm sure most of his fans would have understood him cancelling a few shows under these circumstances.

I'm relieved to hear at least Alexei didn't do any jumps and I just hope he doesn't have any further complications.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
There's having a fighting spirit and then there's being stupid.

I love Alexei's skating and he was so kind to me and the others the one time I met him. For him to have had this complication and not listen to his doctors...

Sigh...Oh Alexei....:(

Yeah, never said he was being smart about it. lol