Theres No Business Like Show Business
M. Butterfly
Day One/Blade Runner

Sarah Hughes:
Fosse
I'll Never Say Goodbye

S

SkateFan4Life

Kurt Browning has skated so many memorable performances.
I LOVED his Gene Kelly number - "Singing (Skating) in the Rain"!!

What a great number!! Kurt has golden feet. :D

S

SkateFan4Life

Another favorite - Judy Blumberg/Michael Siebert in "Adagio for Strings". Great number!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
My All time favorite programs:

Ladies: Michelle Kwan-Salome and Fields of Gold (I can't pick just one)

Men: Alexei Yagudin-MITIM

Pairs: B&S-Lady Calyph

I don't have a favorite Dance program yet...I've only been follwing for the last year and a half. I did really like D&S OD from this past season though

BrokenAnkle

Rinkside
Narrowed down to the very favorites and trying to get some variety

Michelle Kwan, Red Violin, East of Eden (any version)
Elvis Stojko, Frogs in Space, Dragonheart
Liz Manley (of all people) Uninvited
Brian Boitano, Wild Elephants
Yuka Sato, Hat Full of Stars
B&K, Seachrem
K&O, Jungle Dance
A&P Carmina Burana

BA

ID Nurse

Rinkside
Some of my Favorites:

Michelle Kwan: East of Eden
Caryn Kadavy: It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Oksana Baiul: La Isla Bonita
Michael Weiss: Backstreet Boys Medley
Tim Goebel: An American In Paris
Paul Wylie: This Is The Moment
Kurt Browning: Singing In The Rain
Scott Hamilton: You Always Hurt The One You Love
Brian Orser: The Story Of My Life
Brian Boitano: Music Of The Night, Walking My Baby Back Home

S

SkateFan4Life

Another favorite -- Oksana Baiul's 1994 Olympic short prgoram, skated to "Swan Lake".

There's nothing like dancing on your toepicks!!!

IceCastles1814

Rinkside
MK: Dream of Desdemona, Taj Mahal, Winter, Lyra, ADITL, Rush, EOE, SOTBS

Browning: Casablanca, Brickhouse

Sasha: Malaguena

Tim: Romeo & Juliet

Irina: Tosca, Victory

Paul Wylie: Henry V, Carmena Burana

Chen Lu: Rachmaninov, both 98 SP and LPs

Ilia Kulik: Rhapsody in Blue

Alexei Yagudin: Winter, Racing

Todd Eldredge: First Knight

Torvill & Dean: Bolero, 94 OD and FD

Fusar-Poli & Margaglio: 2000 FD, Tango

Sale & Pelletier: Jalousie, Rachmaninov

and a few more I can't think of at the moment

Edited to add: Krylova & Ovsiannikov's "Waltz Masquerade" FD from 1997. My favorite piece piece of music!

and Shen & Zhao's "Turandot" from this past season.

Last edited:

southwest wind

Rinkside
Many of mine were mentioned but here are two that stand out for me

Brian Orser The Story of My Life
Elvis 1492 Voye of Discovery

My absolute favorite, I wish I could see again, would be Unchained Melody by Martini and Underhill.

The one performance I regret not ever seeing in its entirety is
Riverdance (I lived in Brazil that season and it was before internet really had videos). I always wondered if the exhibition version was as good.:cry:

sww

Panther2000

On the Ice
I have to go with some of the most recent

Michelle Kwan: There are way too many to choose from. But, Winter, East of Eden, Dantes Pray, Fields of Gold. Both Programs SP & LP from 1998. Again Both programs from this past season.

Alexei Yagudin: Like with michelle too many to really count but,
WINTER( of course:love: MITIM,Broken Arrow, Mak the Knife, Overcome, Lawrnce of Arabia, Formula 1.

Martini & Underhill: Unchanged Melody, a Elvis Presley song( I forger the name),

Kristi Y: Madame Butterfly, Alot of her exhibtion number can't remember the names though

G&G: All of them.

Tood E: The Blue & the Grey( his World championship program when he won)

Kurt Browning: Clown program & the Little boy program.

Scott Hamilton: Hair, His Comical Classic program

Paul Wylie: His Olympic LP. Schindlers List, Apollo 13, JFK, The Untouchables.

SkateCynic

Rinkside
Is this about the program itself, or the performance (or both)?

Oh well, here goes:

Alexei - Winter, Formula 1, Overcome

Sasha - Malaguena, Sentimental Waltz

Michelle - Lyra Angelica, TFB

Maria - Vocalise (is that the correct name?)

Tim - American in Paris (though I'm glad that program has finally been put to pasture)

Klimkin - Sunny

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ladies: Kwan-Dream of Desdemona, Salome, The Feeling Begins; Cohen-Sentimental Waltz; Slutskaya-Schindler's List; Czabo-Addams Family; Lynn-Afternoon of a Faun.

Men: Wylie-Schindler's List; Stojko-1991 Worlds LP (it was a martial-arts based program, but I don't think it was a soundtrack); Browning-Casablanca; Plushenko-St. Petersburg 300; Joubert-Time; Yagudin-Winter; Curry-Don Q; Fanfare for the Common Man, Tango Tango (his show); Lambiel-Chocolat; Klimkin-Petrouchka.

Dance: Klimova & Ponomorenko-Swan Lake, Masquerade Waltz (pro), Lawrence of Arabia; Usova & Zhulin-Summertime, Four Seasons; Rahkama & Kokko-Pathetique, and a piece to baroque music (maybe Vivaldi); Torville & Dean-1984 (OD?) Paso Doble; Hat Trick; Fusar-Poli& Margoglio*-I Will Survive; Bourne & Kraatz-Riverdance

Pairs: Totmianina/Marinin-Grieg (03 LP); Gordeeva & Grinkov-Moonlight Sonata; Mishkutienok/Dmitriev-Liebestraum, Rachmaninov; Sale/Pelletier-Love Story; Protopopovs-Liebestraum; Berezhnaia/Sikuharlidze-Chaplin 2002; Petrova/Tikhonov-Symphonic Dances (Euros 03 LP), Nutcracker; Abitbol/Bernadis-Addams Family (Values?)

Not Quite Pairs: Starbuck & Curry-Les Patineurs (his show)

Ensemble: Kulik, Gordeeva, Bechke, Petrova in SOI a few years ago. (I can't remember the name of the song.)

There are Gordeeva & Grinkov, Rodnina & Zaitsev, Rakhama & Kokko, Babilonia & Gardner, Seibert & Blumberg, Curry, John Misha Petkovich, Ondrej Nepala, and Lynn programs that I've seen and loved, but those were before I had a VCR of my own.

S

SkateFan4Life

Brian Boitano -- PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER SKATED!!

Katarina Witt - "Schindler's List" - skated with a great deal of heart and emotion.

skatesindreams

Rinkside
All Time Favorite Programs

I love so many of these; but two more not yet mentioned:

Toller Cranston: Pallacchi
Brian Boitano: Les Patineurs- 1988 Nationals SP

merfsk8s

Rinkside
Michelle Kwan - Salome, Aranjuez

Todd Eldredge - Gethsemane

G&G: Moonlight Sonata

Paul Wylie: Carmina Burana

Klimova & Ponamorenko: Dracula

Yagudin: Winter

S

SkateFan4Life

Brian Boitano: Les Patineurs- 1988 Nationals short program. This was one of the greatest programs ever skated by Brian. His coach, Sandra Bezic had encouraged him to skate the role of an arrogant show-off in this number, and Brian did this with great precision. This number earned Brian a slew of 6.0s.

Unfortunately, the men's short program that year was competed at night - from about 9 pm until after midnight - so none of us got the chance to watch the program on live television.

It was a masterpiece.

EricAba

Rinkside
One of my all-time favorite programs was Mishkutienok and Dmitriev's "Liebestraum". I loved the lyricism and the power of that program. They made everything look so easy, and so seamless. Natalia was so flexible, and Dmitriev had the most muscular thighs that I'd ever seen on a male skater, Boitano notwithstanding ;) Wish I could have seen their Rachmaninoff program from '94, as I heard that was a masterpiece as well.

kgburns

Spectator
What a wonderful journey down memory lane with so many superb performances.

For me...on gray days when I need a boost I select the performances from the 1996 worlds with special emphasis on Michelle Kawn (Salome) and Chen Lu (Rachmaninov). The best back to back performances I have ever seen in 40 years of watching Figure Skating. Perfection.

"Excellence is not a singular act but a habit, you are what you repeatedly do" - Aristotle

S

SkateFan4Life

I liked both Katarina Witt's and Debi Thomas' "Carmen" long programs. They were very different, but each was special in its own way.

Witt focused primarily on portraying the flirtatious character of Carmen, and while her technical content was pretty low (only two triples at the 1988 Worlds), she played the role to the hilt.

Thomas's portrayal of "Carmen" focused on sheer athleticism, with just a touch of the flirtatiousness that characterized this lady.