Car Problems | Golden Skate

Car Problems

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh boy, what an expense! My car was making a horrible squealing noise so I took it to the College auto repair shop and got the shock of my life today - $438.00 worth of parts for the brakes - the roaters have to be replaced and everything is shot. Thank goodness, I don't have to pay for labor. I shudder to think had I taken it to Canadian Tire or Budget Brake and Mufler!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Lad-
In comparison to buying a new car that seems pretty reasonable.

Labor is always the majority of the cost$$$!

In my family we all need new cars, but the cost is too much for us right now, so I'll keep driving my Honda for the next few years and pay a few hundred dollars here and there to keep it running great! I've had the car for 7yrs but it looks like new.

My husband always says that "the best type of car is one that is paid for".

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Don't you hate it when you finally get your car paid for, it breaks down and requires MAJOR repairs. My 96 Taurus (paid for last year) and with only 65 thousand miles needed the transmission replaced to the tune of $1,900.00. :mad: 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, I am just glad I am saving on the labor costs - I am sure it would have brought it up to $700 - $1,000! My job is ending soon, so I really don't need this added expense!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dlk........if it weren't for the low mileage, I would have chucked it, but I need to drive it three more years before I can get a new car..........42